PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• 1) Local cox's apples at the fruit stall this morning.

2) The bubbling call of a Curlew down on the beach this afternoon.

3) Bumped into my friend Jim out walking in the warm sun, haven't seen him for ages and he's into his 80's now so it was good to see him hale and hearty and enjoying life.

4) Finally rang the BHF to give them our Old Charm furniture, they're coming for it on Monday next week and the rooms will look clearer when it's gone.

5) There is a really big old cedar tree on one of the lanes that was once in the garden of a manor house, now long gone and it broke a branch in the last storm and this morning they came and tidied it up and cut the branch down.....perfume of heaven is freshly cut cedar!
  • For all those who had it off last week.

BoP is now on Holiday Mode!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well done kk’s dd
    Well Matt seems to have made a speedy recovery!
    1) another fun day in the office. Too many meetings but certain things are moving so all in all good
    2) xoh wanted a phone chat so called her lunch time and walked round the labyrinth twice while chatting. I love the labyrinth
    3) women graduate literary dinner - lovely chats and just spent excellent hour in bar with one of speakers who is now training for the ministry. Also chatted to one time editor of Jackie, blue jean and patches. Don’t remember the 3rd but certainly remember first two
    4) had gone in slinky black dress (thanks dd2 for persuading me) with trainers, changed into heels when there
    5) walking home (back in trainers) couldn’t resist crossing road and scuffling through deep leaves.excellent mse fun. Off to prayer retreat in the morning so may be ex communicdo. Have a triff weekend xxx
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 November 2017 at 5:11AM
    Yes, when commands (er...requests) are uttered in a Mother's voice grown men will quake in their boots. I have no doubt that it works from Scotland too! :D
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations VJsmum and Miss Kittikins.

1. Gave friend at work a travel mug and small thermos flask. She was talking about buying them for work and mine were in the back of the cupboard and hadn't been used for a couple of years. She was pleased and my cupboard slightly emptier.

2. Decluttered some shoes that were beyond repair and as everything moved out of the hall I checked all the pens we have work. DH has started painting it. He starts with good intentions and then progress slows down

3. Catching bus to work. It saves money and is more relaxing than driving.
    I have also taken my lunch in every day this week. Have transferred the money I have saved to emergency fund.

4. Had a meal out with DH last night. It was good to spend time with him and enjoyed good food at a reasonable price. The restaurant has a deal on Thursday evening so is busy.

5. A Christmas present delivered today. Always good to have started. I should be really organised and wrap it up.
  • If you’re reading this at work.

BoP is Duvet Testing!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a good holiday BOP and enjoy your retreat DD
    :hello: hey Mhags

Went food shopping and test drove new Robin bag, some good YS bargains including smoked salmon pate so that was lunch.

Message from youngest hollow-legged one to say is bringing new gf home this weekend and would like us to meet her, must be serious as first time this has occurred!

Out across the fens on the horses and saw what we thought was two large dogs, turned out to be fallow deer, they allowed us to get quite close before turning tail and running off. The ponies were transfixed by the white tails and watched them for some time.

The kind tractor driver who pulled to one side and allowed us past, both horses really jumped when he let off his air brakes, pleasure was their stood their ground and we didn't end up in next county :rotfl:

Doc Martin, always makes me laugh.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 November 2017 at 12:32PM
    Try again &, 1st one having just disappeared....

1. Still sitting out with tea no.2, post-v.early brekkie. Leaves drift. Branches baring means & has seen and heard Jenny wren flitting, big fight blackbirds, miniscule coal tit, all good comings and goings.
    #Add on another couple of hours now.....
    Sun out, clouds small white cirrus disintegrating.

2. Dear neighbour's birthday coffee cake done last night. New November emporium recette card included. Taken down with Enzed friends+cards+intriguing little frilly cyclamen, also emporium, + good, made in Provence, lavender bits. Sang HB twice, much laughter, chat, pics. She is the loveliest lady.

3. Will go and sort the knitting needles shortly. All tipped out on trailer tarp. for Enzed J to pick through. We found the 9s and 11s she needn't spend on. We also took over a hundred won't ripen figs off, as per Alys Fowler in last Saturday's graun. Wondered what to do with them, apart from compost. Chutney? MrsLw? Have just waved them off to J's next nursing assignment>Jan. F will return in week or so.

4. It's now lovely, @1123h precisely :-)

5. Well done the departing Twitter employee who turned off Agent Orange's sub-brain.
    #
    Oh, robin's just jumped down, looking so like the Scotsdale's bag. A really rich dark red breast.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 1) Robins singing their little hearts out from treetops, it must be 'claim your territory' time of year.

2) A viburnum in bloom giving off the most exquisite perfume which on a still and warm day like today just hung in the air.

3) Strange but really pretty an azalea in sizzling orange in bloom in a front garden.

4) Bumped into a friend on the walk, hadn't seen him for months and now 3 days in a row! told him he reminded me of a no 27 bus as they always come in threes, much giggling!!!

5) DD1 rang me in her break this morning to see if I'd like a ticket to the school Candlelit Carol Service in the Cathedral the day before we fly to Berlin.....Oh yes I would, thank you!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all.

Nice to see you again Mhags.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. First ever webinar went well. Like teaching an unresponsive class :p although even easier as i didn't have to engage them directly :rotfl: though my colleague heavy breathing down my ear didn't do a lot for my concentration :rotfl: (I think he just hadn't put the microphone far enough away from himself, he wasn't suggesting anything..)
    2. Good yoga - my planks are much stronger and my hip flexibility is improving. I 'may' have dozed off in meditation
    3. Phoned dad - the slight panic of the previous night had been forgotten. Good job i don't worry about such things anymore
    4. A load of washing dried on the line
    5. OH finished the painting in DS's bedroom. We have just ordered the new bed to be delivered just before he comes home tomorrow.

Out for a curry with friends tonight, have a good evening all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure