Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsGF
    • By MrsGF 17th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrsGF
    Renault Finance haven't taken final payment
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    Renault Finance haven't taken final payment 17th Jul 17 at 11:00 PM
    Hi
    Had my car for 4 years, never missed a payment. Option was to hand car back, part ex, get additional finance from Renault or make a final payment. I decided to do the latter and had the money in my account on 4th July (6th July was date they should have taken the final payment). The money is still there. Obviously I'm not desperate to ring them but would like to know what my rights are? I've moved the money out again.
    Thanks
    Gemma
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 17th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 1,362 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    What do you mean, what are your rights? If you've notified them that you wish to make a final payment, they will take it at some point so you need to make sure it's available for payment. You say money is still there but then say you've moved it out again? I'd make sure it's available to be collected if that's what you've agreed to do.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 18th Jul 17, 6:52 AM
    • 10,694 Posts
    • 6,984 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:52 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:52 AM
    So,why not make a final payment?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 18th Jul 17, 6:56 AM
    • 15,665 Posts
    • 8,978 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:56 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:56 AM
    Hi
    Had my car for 4 years, never missed a payment. Option was to hand car back, part ex, get additional finance from Renault or make a final payment. I decided to do the latter and had the money in my account on 4th July (6th July was date they should have taken the final payment). The money is still there. Obviously I'm not desperate to ring them but would like to know what my rights are? I've moved the money out again.
    Thanks
    Gemma
    Originally posted by MrsGF
    You should ring them and arrange for them to take the final payment, or pay them it via transfer or debit card.

If you've got the date of the final payment wrong OR they normally take it for example 10 working days after the end of the contract, all of a sudden you could find yourself in breach.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,646Users online

Martin's Twitter