Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lizloz
    • By lizloz 17th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    lizloz
    purchase not as advertised so no use - what are my rights?
    • 17th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    purchase not as advertised so no use - what are my rights? 17th Jul 17 at 9:59 PM
    I bought a shower screen with a measurement of 600mm.
    I was specifically looking for a stand alone screen of that size.
    Found one, bought it, free postage too! Arrived and at 540 it is 60mm shorter than the measurement stated and that printed on the box and as a result far too short for what I need.
    However the company say it was never going to be 600, that in fact its only meant for a 600 tray not a 600 size even though its shown in pictures with every size but a 600 and as its still within the "adjustment range" stated for fittings between that they will give me a refund but i have to pay £45.00 delivery fee, which is nearly a qtr of the cost of the screen. They wont arrange return unless i agree to pay the charge.
    1 what are my rights?
    2. if i pay up in order to free up my refund to buy one that does fit, how easy is it going to be to get that delivery charge back?

The technical details state ;
    Width:
    600mm
    Adjustment Range:
    542-557mm
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 17th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,551 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    I bought a shower screen with a measurement of 600mm.
    I was specifically looking for a stand alone screen of that size.
    Found one, bought it, free postage too! Arrived and at 540 it is 60mm shorter than the measurement stated and that printed on the box and as a result far too short for what I need.
    However the company say it was never going to be 600, that in fact its only meant for a 600 tray not a 600 size even though its shown in pictures with every size but a 600 and as its still within the "adjustment range" stated for fittings between that they will give me a refund but i have to pay £45.00 delivery fee, which is nearly a qtr of the cost of the screen. They wont arrange return unless i agree to pay the charge.
    1 what are my rights?
    2. if i pay up in order to free up my refund to buy one that does fit, how easy is it going to be to get that delivery charge back?

The technical details state ;
    Width:
    600mm
    Adjustment Range:
    542-557mm
    Originally posted by lizloz
    Can you please show us the advert?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

5,364Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin