Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danwasdeman
    • By Danwasdeman 10th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Danwasdeman
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue
    • 10th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue 10th Apr 17 at 4:38 PM
    Hi Folks
    I'm new to the forum so hope I'm posting in the right area etc. I recently (on Martin Lewis morning tv recommendation) signed up to the BT Infinity £250 reward offer (£200 reward card and £50 cashback). Martin advised that this offer was only available via the Cable.co.uk site and this is the route I took. I viewed the offer on the Cable site and was then redirected to the BT site where I completed my order. I've successfully claimed the BT reward card but when filling in the BT sites cashback form the page will not accept my order reference number. On contacting BT via live chat I was told to contact the referrer for cashback and on contacting Cable I was told 'We advertise offers on behalf of BT so therefore any vouchers/cashback offers come directly from BT not from ourselves' and was advised to use the, for me, unusable BT claim form. As you can probably tell I'm stuck in the middle with no apparent way to claim my cashback. Perhaps I've done something fundamentally wrong (not unusual for me) but I cant see what it is. Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.
    Mark
Page 3
    • arcanesolutions
    • By arcanesolutions 29th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    arcanesolutions
    I have a different problem with my BT reward card. I haven't received mine even though BT claimed to have send it more than a month ago. They tell me now that they regard the reward card as a gift and so they are under no obligation to give you one and you couldn't cancel your contract if never get it. Who are they to say what's part of the contract? As far as I'm concerned the card was an inducement for me to leave my then current service provider. Has anyone else had a problem getting their reward card?
    • anniecave
    • By anniecave 2nd Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 2,153 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    anniecave
    You have no right to cancel the contract just because they don't send a reward card. (You could consult the terms and conditions if you want, it will be in there).

My service with BT went live on 7th August. I claimed the BT reward card within a couple of days, and I had a text on 12th August saying it was being sent.

However I have only just a few days ago received the reward card, which I have now activated. I got an activation code email a couple of days before it did arrive in the post.

So I'd allow at least 6 weeks to receive the reward card. If you've allowed 8 weeks and it's still not arrived, I'd contact BT customer services.

If you've been waiting a month, it will proably come within the next week or so.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    • Bronvahl
    • By Bronvahl 4th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bronvahl
    I have seen SO MANY people with problems with BT and Plusnet Mastercards online that I simply assume they are a scam, same goes for Top Cash Back.
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 4th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 2,867 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    lee111s
    I have seen SO MANY people with problems with BT and Plusnet Mastercards online that I simply assume they are a scam, same goes for Top Cash Back.
    Originally posted by Bronvahl
    As someone who has had a couple of BT reward cards and claimed well over £1000 from TCB, I can confirm your assumptions are not correct.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 5th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    boatman
    If you are lucky you might get it in a few weeks, but don't be surprised if it takes months.
    Link here to the BT forum
    https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Claiming-your-vouchers/td-p/1597228
    • sofsofsof
    • By sofsofsof 5th Oct 17, 5:28 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    sofsofsof
    BT Reward Card STILL not arrived how do i report them?
    Basically have given BT chance and after chance since August to send us our reward card for £75 keep getting fobbed off one guy even said we could have £150-?? how can i report them to trading standards or similar, as it was once of the advertised perks of joining and they have messed us about since the start and im not having it & if i can i will get them in trouble. any advice please.
    • jblessing
    • By jblessing 5th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    jblessing
    Go to https://community.bt.com/ and sign up, then post a request for help. The moderators are really good and will sort you out
    • boatman
    • By boatman 10th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    boatman
    After 30 days of waiting, fill in your details in this link to chase it up:
    https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

As others have said, join the BT forum and ask them to chase it, they will tell you it will be another 15-30days. Its all part of the plan to hope you give up, sadly you just have to keep going.

The best thing to do is to fill in the details and make a complaint to Advertising standards and OFCOM, if enough people complain things might improve.
    https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint
    Last edited by boatman; 10-10-2017 at 1:08 PM. Reason: ll
    • DiscountofMonteCristo
    • By DiscountofMonteCristo 12th Oct 17, 1:48 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DiscountofMonteCristo
    This website seems to be relevant: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/
    Telephone: 03454 04 05 06

As for my own problem mentioned above, someone from BT rang and said I could get an extra £25 on my £125 card when it arrived and I activated it, by sending them a code. Of course this assumes the card arrives, but I think my waiting time after claiming has not run out yet.
    • DiscountofMonteCristo
    • By DiscountofMonteCristo 12th Oct 17, 2:51 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DiscountofMonteCristo
    Talk of the devil! My card had already arrived in the post today. This seems quick work considering how many people still haven't received theirs after months.
    • justlikethat
    • By justlikethat 19th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    justlikethat
    BT broadband £125 mastercard plus £40 Amazon
    Just wondering if anyone else had taken up the BT broadband offers listed on here at the start of this month? As well as the £125 card there was an additional £40 Amazon giftcard. I have managed to make the claim for the mastercard but cannot get any info on how to claim the Amazon giftcard. Their Indian chat hosts keep passing me back and forwards between broadband and mobile claims. This is not a mobile reward claim however but was an additional £40 Amazon giftcard offered by BT.

Many thanks
    • boatman
    • By boatman 25th Oct 17, 11:48 AM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    boatman
    To claim from BT:
    https://www.vouchers.bt.com/claim-my-reward/
    • Midlifecrisis
    • By Midlifecrisis 6th Nov 17, 10:37 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Midlifecrisis
    I'm STILL waiting for my reward card despite constant promises, fake 'dispatched' emails, and extended delivery times. How a company the size of BT can get away with a scam like this is beyond me. I'm giving them till the end of this week and I'll be contacting trading standards.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 7th Nov 17, 6:04 PM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    boatman
    I'm STILL waiting for my reward card despite constant promises, fake 'dispatched' emails, and extended delivery times. How a company the size of BT can get away with a scam like this is beyond me. I'm giving them till the end of this week and I'll be contacting trading standards.
    Originally posted by Midlifecrisis
    Have you chased it up via this link:
    https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090
    • DiscountofMonteCristo
    • By DiscountofMonteCristo 7th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DiscountofMonteCristo
    Update: some time after I activated my card and sent the code to the BT employee who contacted me, he did add £25 to my PureCard charge. He didn't do it immediately, but did do it after some prompting. They do seem to be slow even when they do what they said they'd do.
    • iSaving
    • By iSaving 7th Nov 17, 10:47 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 1,788 Thanks
    iSaving
    I had an issue with this a while ago. BT said they'd posted the card, but it was never received. They said they could see it was unused and so could cancel it and send me another one or deposit the amount to my bank account, which is what I did.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,062Posts Today

6,815Users online

Martin's Twitter