Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danwasdeman
    • By Danwasdeman 10th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Danwasdeman
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue
    • 10th Apr 17, 4:38 PM
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue 10th Apr 17 at 4:38 PM
    Hi Folks
    I'm new to the forum so hope I'm posting in the right area etc. I recently (on Martin Lewis morning tv recommendation) signed up to the BT Infinity £250 reward offer (£200 reward card and £50 cashback). Martin advised that this offer was only available via the Cable.co.uk site and this is the route I took. I viewed the offer on the Cable site and was then redirected to the BT site where I completed my order. I've successfully claimed the BT reward card but when filling in the BT sites cashback form the page will not accept my order reference number. On contacting BT via live chat I was told to contact the referrer for cashback and on contacting Cable I was told 'We advertise offers on behalf of BT so therefore any vouchers/cashback offers come directly from BT not from ourselves' and was advised to use the, for me, unusable BT claim form. As you can probably tell I'm stuck in the middle with no apparent way to claim my cashback. Perhaps I've done something fundamentally wrong (not unusual for me) but I cant see what it is. Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.
    Mark
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Apr 17, 12:06 AM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 11th Apr 17, 12:06 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 12:06 AM
    Is this the page you were using for the £50?

https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/

• Danwasdeman
    • By Danwasdeman 11th Apr 17, 11:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danwasdeman
    • 11th Apr 17, 11:44 PM
    BT Broadband £50 Cashback Issue
    • 11th Apr 17, 11:44 PM
    Hi
    Yes and thanks for the reply. This is the link provided by Cable.co.uk. The form will not accept my (verified by BT) order number simply asking me to input the number again as if the field has not been completed.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 12th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 12th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    You may need to 'remind' BT that the cashback cheque is actually a BT offer (and not the same as TCB or Quidco) and point them to their own terms which say similar.

This cashback cheque offer is different to a member exclusive offer via a cashback site.
    Good luck!

• cool_techie
    • By cool_techie 28th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    cool_techie
    • 28th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    • 28th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    I have exactly the same problem as reported by http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2595728 above.

Did you finally manage to get the £50 cashback?

Thanks,
    CT
    3.84kW PV system - 16 panels of Sharp ND-R240A2 facing SE with SMA 4000TL inverter, Geo II monitor and Solar iBoost. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.
    • Storm321
    • By Storm321 29th Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Storm321
    • 29th Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 29th Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    I too have exactly the same problem. Have contacted BT and they claim the cashback has not tracked properly as the order number begins BTC not AJM.

Also wondered if you managed to sort this out

Thanks
    • nel10
    • By nel10 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nel10
    • 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    BT £50 cash back - not being processed
    • 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem as the original post - Cable not accepting liability - BT not accepting liability - claim form not working. Any ideas anyone?
    • Justkez81
    • By Justkez81 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Justkez81
    • 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    Bt reward problem claiming
    • 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    Any anyone else having problems claiming there BT reward?

Filled the form out on the 15th of June I then received an email to say I would have a voucher gift card within 30 days. So I rang them today to find out where it was the first advisor said it was dispatched on the 22nd of June but couldn't see anything more of where it was. He filled out a form to chase it up. I get following reply

Thank you for your patience while we’ve been investigating this matter.

It'll take a minimum of 30 and up to a maximum of 45 days to receive your Gift Card from the date of your claim, which was submitted on 15/06/2017.

So rang back. Raised point why say 30 days on email I got and 3 advisors telling me 30 days. 1st advisor I spoke to said, something had gone wrong I should of had it, especially as it was despatched on 22nd of June. So 2nd advisors denies it's Lost and it could be in Royal Mail system. My reply was I know the post is slow but the 22nd of June is almost four weeks ago it's clearly gone missing. All she said was she fill from out again. I just know that I'll wait another 15 days take it to the 45 days am I still won't get the gift card.
    Anyone know what I can do? Would like gift card for my holiday on 10th August.

They make it so hard to claim voucher
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 18th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 511 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Aletank
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    I signed up for BT Fibre/Landline which was installed on 7th June 2017.
    My £80 Quidco has just been refused
    Unfortunately, the retailer has declined your claim, advising us that the cashback has been paid to another referrer. To explain, cashback is actually a commission that Quidco receives for referring an online sale to a retailer. Unlike search engines and comparison sites, we pass this on to our members instead of keeping it for ourselves.

We know how disappointing it can be when cashback is declined for this reason, and we're happy to tell you that you can prevent it from happening with future purchases by using the guidelines below:
    Also I'm still waiting for my £120 BT Reward Card which BT are investing it's where abouts ! I have been chasing this up since 30 days of claiming and BT's latest response is they are still lokkng into it and should be with me in another further 30-45 days !
    I will need to send a request for further investigation before we’re able to send a replacement Reward card.

Based on the information provided to me I can see your card will certainly be delivered within the next 30-45 days with that being the absolute maximum lead time i.e. we aim for delivery well within that timeframe,however we will contact you again at the very earliest opportunity with the outcome.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this for you.
    • z1106aberdeen
    • By z1106aberdeen 18th Jul 17, 10:03 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    z1106aberdeen
    Claimed on 15th June. Had an email, and text (and it says on my account) saying that it has been dispatched on 26th June. Of course it hasn't arrived. A BT advisor told me yetserday that it would be ANOTHER 30 days. Spoke to someone else today who said there were technical difficulties, that when I re-applied it was 30 days from that point (it was news to me that I had re-applied), that it was a priority and another team were looking at it, and that someone would call me back in 24-48 hours with an update. I was sent a link and an order ID so i could track the reward card. Of course this doesnt work...

So I will see if I get a call in 24-48 hours
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 18th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 13,095 Posts
    • 17,313 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I claimed mine on the 10th June and was warned that it could take up to 30 days to arrive. Had another email on 5th July saying they had sent it. It arrived a few days later.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • z1106aberdeen
    • By z1106aberdeen 19th Jul 17, 9:30 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    z1106aberdeen
    As an update - I've now received an email from Cardholder Services staing that I will receive my Chip and Pin in the next 7-10 days. Progress. Makes me wonder if there are 'technical issues' as default and only when people query this that a card gets sent...
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 19th Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 511 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Aletank
    Same email for me this morning - Will believe it when i see it !
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 20th Jul 17, 1:37 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Aletank
    Card arrived this morning, £125
    Quidco Cashback £80 Refused !
    • sbarnby71
    • By sbarnby71 9th Aug 17, 10:24 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sbarnby71
    Cashback refused!
    After 4 month of haggling with BT, today they tell me that cashback links are not valid from MSE!

I had the £200 pre-paid card no problem, but the cash back offer for £50 from March 2017 which had the following link: broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback will not be honoured.

Was told today by Sylvester in their Customer Complaints Dept. in India that I could either have £15 compensation for the 4 months of hassle and 20+ calls or no compensation and they will have another look at my issue. His quote was "You can't sail 2 boats" when I said I'd like both. Ofcom here I come.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 11th Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    • 937 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    phillw
    Makes me wonder if there are 'technical issues' as default and only when people query this that a card gets sent...
    Originally posted by z1106aberdeen
    My card came in a reasonable time and the only problem is that the money has been mostly spent all too quickly and I need to drain off the last few pounds and pence. Which involves the hassle of writing down the exact balance & doing a part cash/part card transaction at the supermarket.

After 4 month of haggling with BT, today they tell me that cashback links are not valid from MSE!
    Originally posted by sbarnby71
    I suspect what they mean isn't exactly how that sounds. They probably mean they aren't responsible for any claim by MSE that says there is cashback available & they aren't responsible if cashback deals fail due to technical problems with MSE links. Unfortunately cashback can fail due to problems on your computer, or their computer. Which is why it's important to check at every step that the cashback shows up and take screen shots.

What I think is wrong is that you can only find out if the cashback is valid after your cooling off period, this is not an accident.
    Last edited by phillw; 11-08-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    • Huwbert
    • By Huwbert 11th Aug 17, 1:27 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Huwbert
    Fingers crossed my £125 card arrives and my TCB £100 cashback comes through!
    • pkwhitaker
    • By pkwhitaker 11th Aug 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pkwhitaker
    Bt offer from 7th July- reminder please!
    Can anyone please remember the deal through moneysavingexpert on 7th July for BT fibre? I made a note to myself to claim £125 and £50. I've claimed the £125 through BT website but I just can't remember how I'm supposed to claim the £50. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
    • phillw
    • By phillw 13th Aug 17, 6:05 PM
    • 937 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    phillw
    I've claimed the £125 through BT website but I just can't remember how I'm supposed to claim the £50. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
    Originally posted by pkwhitaker
    I stopped looking as I'd signed up to BT in May and got quidco cashback, topcashback had the same deal at the time. Check them to see if anything tracked.

If you signed up via another site, like uswitch etc then you may need to contact them.

Or you may need to go here:

https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/
    Last edited by phillw; 13-08-2017 at 6:11 PM.
    • Huwbert
    • By Huwbert 19th Aug 17, 11:09 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Huwbert
    It came through today, RESULT!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,054Posts Today

9,663Users online

Martin's Twitter