Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shaka_Zulu
    • By Shaka_Zulu 17th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 754Posts
    • 1,766Thanks
    Shaka_Zulu
    0 WOW
    Ryanair Flight Changes
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Ryanair Flight Changes 17th Jul 17 at 4:00 PM
    Managed to make a hash of booking some Ryanair return tickets. Booked outbound for 8pm and not 8am cost of change is prohibitive.

Can I just rebook the 8am outbound leg? Not turning up for my already booked 8pm flight won't affect my return inbound leg will it?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 17th Jul 17, 4:44 PM
    • 10,593 Posts
    • 6,931 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:44 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:44 PM
    Ryanair are a point to point airline so a "return" is simply the total of 2 x one-way tickets. You can miss the outbound and the return flight will be fine
    Note if you have booked in the last 24 hours they are able to make changes to times etc without the change fees but you need to phone
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Minor-booking-changes-within-24-hours
    • firefox1956
    • By firefox1956 18th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 591 Thanks
    firefox1956
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    Go online & use their Chat facility.
    If you chat nicely they may make the changes you require free of charge.
    I made a mistake & double booked a flight a month or so ago.
    Went online & they cancelled the extra booking & refunded my money a couple of days later.
    Worth a try I would have thought............
    HTH
    • pantaiema
    • By pantaiema 21st Jul 17, 9:55 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    pantaiema
    • 21st Jul 17, 9:55 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 9:55 PM
    Go online & use their Chat facility.
    If you chat nicely they may make the changes you require free of charge.
    I made a mistake & double booked a flight a month or so ago.
    Went online & they cancelled the extra booking & refunded my money a couple of days later.
    Worth a try I would have thought............
    HTH
    Originally posted by firefox1956
    I think your case is totally different with the OP. Your case is the double booking e.g. the same person has booked the same flight on the same departure time and date. Also it might be becasue they have seen an advatage for them to cancel your flight if the flight is almost fully book on that particular flight.

In the OP case is not the same departure time.
    If Ryan Air allows this to happen it is very easy for people to book the cheapest flight on that date. Also it is huge admin burden to allow this to happen given the way Ryan Air work.
    When time has come and you cannot take that flight then you Book another flight on that date and ask for refund??

I would be really surprised if anyone has ever got refunded in this instance. I missed my flight a few times and never got refunded and I do not want to waste people time for the time I has wasted.
    For the OP it is totally fine to miss the fight. I have been in your position quite a few times where I missed the flight.
    Last edited by pantaiema; 21-07-2017 at 9:57 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,360Posts Today

8,245Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin