Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gerrymouse
    • By Gerrymouse 17th Jul 17, 3:49 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Gerrymouse
    What exactly can I claim for on days Southern strike?
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:49 PM
    What exactly can I claim for on days Southern strike? 17th Jul 17 at 3:49 PM
    So I have an annual season ticket from Leighton Buzzard to London, zones 2-6.

I work in Hammersmth and catch one direct train that lasts 57 minutes from LBZ to Shepherds bush then walk or bus it down to Hammersmith.

As ASLEF are stopping all drivers from overtime and Southern not got enough drivers now, they have pulled my direct service AGAIN.

What exactly can I claim for on delay/repay, can I claim for no train EVERYDAY or can I only claim for the difference in my old 57 minute journey and my new hassle journey?

so new journey and times mean I have to walk 20 mins to station I no longer get a lift (guessing thats my tough luck). At the station I catch the 8:13 to Euston, this takes 45 mins. then walk to Euston Square which takes 10 mins and then tube plus waiting time is around 35 mins.

so am I only allowed to claim for 30 minutes which is the difference between my old journey to Shepherds bush and my new journey which takes me to Hammersmith and near the office but is 90 minutes now. Any advice much appreciated. My new journey doesnt sound too bad BUT I cannot get on any train earlier than 8:30 as they are all packed. This means I get into work around 10:15 so have to work late and rarely see my son before his bed time now. The train home at Euston is so stressful and people literally run from the concourse to the platforms when platform is announced. Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 18th Jul 17, 12:46 AM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 18th Jul 17, 12:46 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 12:46 AM
    Your other thread has answers.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 18th Jul 17, 7:44 PM
    • 6,372 Posts
    • 3,390 Thanks
    stclair
    • 18th Jul 17, 7:44 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 7:44 PM
    You could try and claim via your card issuer if you paid by card also:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2017/01/credit-card-company-decision-to-refund-southern-passenger-could-open-floodgates-for-delay-claims
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin