Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UKexpat13
    • By UKexpat13 17th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    UKexpat13
    UK expat credit card
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    UK expat credit card 17th Jul 17 at 3:06 PM
    Hi

I currently live in Budapest and was hoping to obtain a new UK credit card due to poor market here. Does anyone have any experience of getting a UK credit card whilst living outside UK? A main condition of most cards I see is that you must be a UK resident

Thanks

UKEXPAT
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 17th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 12,513 Posts
    • 12,675 Thanks
    zx81
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    No. You'll need to apply locally.
    • Malcnascar
    • By Malcnascar 18th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 1,222 Thanks
    Malcnascar
    • 18th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 1:38 PM
    You may, or may not, hold a UK bank account. If you have a UK bank account check with them if they offer ExPat accounts and if you would be eligible for whatever they offer. Initially look on line.

If you dont have a UK Bank account then it is unlikely you would get one now due to your Hungarian residency.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,942Posts Today

8,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin