Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joed123
    • By joed123 17th Jul 17, 3:04 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    joed123
    Fined 100, then refunded from hm-courts.svs.gov.!? 0 points on gov license check?
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:04 PM
    Fined 100, then refunded from hm-courts.svs.gov.!? 0 points on gov license check? 17th Jul 17 at 3:04 PM
    I paid 100 on 21/12/16 for contravening a red a light and was given 3 points.

I recently had a 100 refund in June from hm courts svs gov.

It seems other people have had this happen but not clear on what the results were.

I have checked the gov website and phoned the DVLA and they say I have 0 penalty points. Could this just be an error with the system?

Would the check that insurance companies do show up my points?

Do you think this is grounds to now not mention the points when applying for car insurance? Tempted to not mention it. Don't want to phone up ticket office in case the ask for the 100 back.
Page 2
    • BeenThroughItAll
    • By BeenThroughItAll 17th Jul 17, 4:42 PM
    • 4,241 Posts
    • 3,575 Thanks
    BeenThroughItAll
    Not much in fact. It was more like a driving test

But nice bit of grammar picking there.
    Originally posted by Stoke
    It's not a grammar error, it's just incorrect use of language. Not incorrect application of a rule, just incorrect.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 17th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    Stoke
    It's not a grammar error, it's just incorrect use of language. Not incorrect application of a rule, just incorrect.
    Originally posted by BeenThroughItAll
    I often type how I speak, and I speak like someone born in Stoke-on-Trent, not someone born in Kensington.
    • BeenThroughItAll
    • By BeenThroughItAll 17th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 4,241 Posts
    • 3,575 Thanks
    BeenThroughItAll
    I often type how I speak, and I speak like someone born in Stoke-on-Trent, not someone born in Kensington.
    Originally posted by Stoke
    Well, I was born in Essex, but I didn't realise people at school in Stoke were taught a different version of English.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 18th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 6,927 Posts
    • 2,756 Thanks
    almillar
    they still insist on using outdated breaking distance measurements
    Based on, I think, a Ford Anglia. You could still buy that car and drive it on a motorway so it's still relevant to a tiny number of drivers. If people weren't getting rear ended all the time maybe we could think about updating them, but it seems that roads have got busier and people pay less attention, so we have to stick with the lowest common denominator. Presumably you've been caught speeding and don't like it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin