Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 8,396Posts
    • 10,688Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Praise and Please
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    Praise and Please 17th Jul 17 at 2:48 PM
    Praise
    As I am still a newbie compared with some, I am on the blue skin. I am pleased that when I am posting I can see all the other posts below. This is brilliant as trying to remember them is difficult.

Please
    I never know who is online on this skin, and I never know who has initials after their username, so I wonder why they have disappeared. A little adjustment so those of us who are new or fairly new, would really help.
    Thank -you
    Tips
Page 1
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 49,876 Posts
    • 136,428 Thanks
    colinw
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    Praise
    As I am still a newbie compared with some, I am on the blue skin. I am pleased that when I am posting I can see all the other posts below. This is brilliant as trying to remember them is difficult.

Please
    I never know who is online on this skin, and I never know who has initials after their username, so I wonder why they have disappeared. A little adjustment so those of us who are new or fairly new, would really help.
    Thank -you
    Tips
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Tips...Do you mean you want an easy way of seeing if someone has been banned?
    Last edited by colinw; 17-07-2017 at 3:22 PM.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 17th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    motivated
    • 17th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    Hi Tips

Sorry for being dumb but what does the blue skin mean
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    • 49,876 Posts
    • 136,428 Thanks
    colinw
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    Hi Tips

Originally posted by motivated
    They changed the look of the forum a while ago from the old green format to a new blue look, old timers like me where given the choice of remaining on the old green look......newer users do not get that choice as they want to move away from the old format to a more modern look.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    Hi Tips

You are not dumb.
    In your edit options, it is the first choice Use Forum Default (recommended)
    Much larger screen and blue at the top - Blue Skin.
    On this skin, I don't see the same as the old Green one.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 17th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    motivated
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    Ahh I see. I didn't realise there was a difference. Mine is all green so I guess I'm old
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    Ahh I see. I didn't realise there was a difference. Mine is all green so I guess I'm old
    Not at all. I can change mine, but I am so used to the blue.
    It just needs some extras. Hence the thread.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    • 1,881 Posts
    • 7,950 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    • 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    Tips...Do you mean you want an easy way of seeing if someone has been banned?
    Originally posted by colinw
    easy way to check that in the 'new' skin is to see if their signature is still there (presuming they had one)
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2338.5
    This week 87.8
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 18th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    easy way to check that in the 'new' skin is to see if their signature is still there (presuming they had one)
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    It's more about seeing who is online, in spite of someone thinking different.
    Although I have to admit that there seems to be a lot of members missing that used to post in DT as well as the Arms.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 18th Jul 17, 3:08 PM
    • 12,412 Posts
    • 47,515 Thanks
    joansgirl
    It's more about seeing who is online, in spite of someone thinking different.
    Although I have to admit that there seems to be a lot of members missing that used to post in DT as well as the Arms.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    You can tell if someone is online when using the blue skin as there is a green light under their avi, or where the avi should be. Also if you click the forum jump button and scroll to the top there is a section called....."who's online".
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    You can tell if someone is online when using the blue skin as there is a green light under their avi, or where the avi should be. Also if you click the forum jump button and scroll to the top there is a section called....."who's online".
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Do you know I didn't know that. Thank- you.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 18th Jul 17, 6:18 PM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 5,663 Thanks
    avogadro
    I'm afraid the blue skin makes my eyes hurt, so I'm sticking with the old green one for as long as I can. I have also noticed people disappearing recently. I don't think there is a way of seeing 'those three letters' under people's names when using the blue skin. I would imagine this is intentional on the part of whoever made/developed the new look site.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 18th Jul 17, 6:24 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    motivated
    I'm also on the green. I did switch to the blue but it felt so alien I switched back again.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 18th Jul 17, 6:43 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    I only use the old green 'un because to be brutally honest, the new version just hurts my eyes.
    In fact it almost sends me snow-blind!
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • colinw
    • By colinw 18th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 49,876 Posts
    • 136,428 Thanks
    colinw
    How odd. Why would you think that?
    I just read elsewhere this which seems appropriate here:
    "methinks thou dost protest too much".
    Originally posted by Wheesht54
    Hi Wheesht54

The original Poster asked "and I never know who has initials after their username, so I wonder why they have disappeared."

That is why I asked the original question as I am not sure of any other reason you get letters after your name.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,779Posts Today

7,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin