Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rayneham
    • By rayneham 17th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rayneham
    0 WOW
    Alpharooms error
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Alpharooms error 17th Jul 17 at 2:27 PM
    Hi,
    Last week we used Alpharooms website to book a holiday. I clicked on the flight&hotel tab and then a list of flights came up, we chose the flight that suited us best and then a selection of hotels came up, again we chose the hotel and proceeded to book the holiday. The following day I checked the emails and was shocked that although the flight was for 7 days Alpharooms had put us down to be checked out of the hotel after only 6 nights! In the booking process there isn't a option to increase or decrease the number of nights in the hotel, So if I hadn't noticed we would have been sleeping on the beach for a night. I rang up to explain and it's been call after call trying to sort it out. Waiting for return calls that never happen. It's as though they are just interested in getting their commission on new sales and will say anything to get you off the phone and leave the problem to somebody else. It's nearly a week later and they still haven't resolved it. Help!!!
Page 1
    • pennylane99
    • By pennylane99 17th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 4,969 Posts
    • 4,896 Thanks
    pennylane99
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    Depending on the timings of your flights, a 7 DAY holiday is usually 6 nights in hotel as you fly home on 7th day
    • leespot
    • By leespot 17th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 434 Thanks
    leespot
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    You need to add more info, like the flight times etc.
    • rayneham
    • By rayneham 17th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rayneham
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    The flights are departing 31 august 2017 at 10:20 am and returning on the 7th September 2017 at 21:10 but the accommodation is only until the 6th, so we will be in the resort for one more day. I must have spent 5 hours on the phone to them at the moment. I'm considering booking another room for the 6th even though it should have been included in Alpharooms price.
    • leespot
    • By leespot 17th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 434 Thanks
    leespot
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    Checking out on 6th or including 6th?
    • photome
    • By photome 17th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 12,591 Posts
    • 8,077 Thanks
    photome
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    The flights are departing 31 august 2017 at 10:20 am and returning on the 7th September 2017 at 21:10 but the accommodation is only until the 6th, so we will be in the resort for one more day. I must have spent 5 hours on the phone to them at the moment. I'm considering booking another room for the 6th even though it should have been included in Alpharooms price.
    Originally posted by rayneham
    do you mean you have a hotel on the night of the 6th and you fly home at 2110 on the 7th, if so that would be correct (you wouldnt get a hotel for the night of the 7th) or you check out on the morning of the 6th, in which case there is a problem.

I have never used alpharooms ,are you sure there isnt an option to change the numer of nights before booking, because as it is a flight plus hotel you could in theory book a different hotel each night

worst case can you just book one night, either at same hotel or a different one close by
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 17th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    How many nights accommodation does the confirmation of your order state? 6 or 7? Does your actual confirmation of booking state the same as your order confirmation?
    • rayneham
    • By rayneham 18th Jul 17, 8:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rayneham
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 AM
    We fly home on the 7th at 21:10 but have to check out of our room by 11:00 am on the 6th, so one night with no accommodation. On alpharooms there isn't a option to change the number of nights. I know I can just book another room for one night but that's another cost for something that should have been included in the price. Alpharooms are supposedly trying to sort the error but it's taking forever.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 18th Jul 17, 10:58 AM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 18th Jul 17, 10:58 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 10:58 AM
    Do the dates on your confirmation of order match the dates on your confirmation of booking?
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 18th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 3,518 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    We fly home on the 7th at 21:10 but have to check out of our room by 11:00 am on the 6th, so one night with no accommodation. On alpharooms there isn't a option to change the number of nights. I know I can just book another room for one night but that's another cost for something that should have been included in the price. Alpharooms are supposedly trying to sort the error but it's taking forever.
    Originally posted by rayneham
    ah so they acknowledge there is an error then? That's good. Hopefully you get it sorted quickly
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Alpharooms.com
      Verified User verified user
    • By Alpharooms.com Verified User verified user 2nd Aug 17, 10:51 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alpharooms.com
    Hi Rayneham,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in reply. We are sorry to hear you have not received any assistance or response in regards to the issue raised. Please can we have your itinerary number so we can look into this further and contact you directly?

Kind Regards

Alpharooms.com
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Alpharooms.com. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,943Posts Today

8,022Users online

Martin's Twitter