Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    JohnStar
    PCN Newbie
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    PCN Newbie 17th Jul 17 at 2:23 PM
    Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help. I have received a very unofficial looking PCN 'invoice' which requires payment to 'Civil Enforcement'.

How should I proceed please? Ignore or pay up? (it's now £100 as I've been sitting on it for a while).

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by JohnStar; 17-07-2017 at 3:51 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is there any point in appealing given that the car was erroneously not registered to be parked there?
    Originally posted by JohnStar
    So what?

CEL will cancel when they see the template appeal in blue writing in the NEWBIES thread. It really is 'one-size-fits-all'.

No need to reinvent the wheel or discuss any issues/circumstances. Try it, now! You appeal as the registered keeper.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-07-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JohnStar
    I have never appealed for anything before, so feel a bit nervous. I simply email them, with the text below - right?

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Jul 17, 10:49 PM
    • 14,784 Posts
    • 18,593 Thanks
    Redx
    I have never appealed for anything before, so feel a bit nervous. I simply email them, with the text below - right?
    Originally posted by JohnStar
    what does the pcn say about appeal methods ?

if it says email , then yes , email it

if it doesnt , and they usually dont allow emails , then follow the instructions on their pcn , with that BLUE TEXT template appeal
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JohnStar
    I can appeal via email, I was just checking that I had the correct text to send them
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 18th Jul 17, 8:17 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JohnStar
    Thanks all, appeal lodged, I now await their reply ...
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Jul 17, 9:47 AM
    • 1,726 Posts
    • 2,050 Thanks
    waamo
    Get doing your research now. The appeal will be turned down (99% are at this stage) then you can win at POPLA. It really isn't too dificult.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

471Posts Today

5,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin