Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    JohnStar
    PCN Newbie
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    PCN Newbie 17th Jul 17 at 2:23 PM
    Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help. I have received a very unofficial looking PCN 'invoice' which requires payment to 'Civil Enforcement'.

How should I proceed please? Ignore or pay up? (it's now £100 as I've been sitting on it for a while).

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by JohnStar; 17-07-2017 at 3:51 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 33,248 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now for advice on how to deal with this.

Throughout the advice is to never reveal who was driving.

Edit your op to remove those details
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    Thanks for politely asking. I actually took a look but couldn't find anything relevant to my set of circumstances.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    You appeal using the templates. Your situation is identical to nearly everyone elses. You have a ticket and you don't want to pay it.

In essence that is it.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 2:55 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 24,227 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:55 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:55 PM
    Thanks for politely asking. I actually took a look but couldn't find anything relevant to my set of circumstances.
    Originally posted by JohnStar
    Circumstances are irrelevant in 99% of cases. You appeal as advised in the sticky.

How old is the parking charge? Have you missed the 28 day deadline for initial appeal?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Jul 17, 2:57 PM
    • 16,529 Posts
    • 20,691 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:57 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:57 PM
    as advised, the blue text appeal goes in before day 28 , plus a landholder complaint to try and get it cancelled

to be frank, nobody really cares about the "circumstances" unless it goes to civil court , generally they are not relevant to a PPC appeal or POPLA appeal. This is why you dont find anything about "the circumstances" in that thread , there is enough in it to digest as it is
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    Ok thanks so far. I have missed the 28th day deadline (7/06/17) helped by the fact that their invoice was dated 27/06/017. I've just checked and I still have the option to pay the £100 so maybe I can still appeal.

I appreciate that all cases are essentially the same, but I'm not sure I have the time (or energy) to wade through 5 pages of threads. Might just pay the invoice and put it down to experience ....
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    All the information in the Newbies thread is on the first page. The rest of it is mostly people asking questions and regulars pleading for people not to ask questions.

Sadly an aweful lot of people don't read it despite the fact it doesn't take too much effort to sift through.
    This space for hire.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    • 33,248 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    Read through the newbies faq and some other case history threads where you will see the sort of effort needed, Then decide whether you would rather feed the PPC or not
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 3:23 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    Sadly an aweful lot of people don't read it despite the fact it doesn't take too much effort to sift through
    I can't find what I'm looking for guys, maybe that's why a lot of people don't read it ...
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 3:31 PM
    • 33,248 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    The info in the newbies faq thread applies to almost everyone. The blue text appeal is designed to get a popla code. (For BPA member ppcs)

If you are too late to appeal then you are in the debt collectors stage.

All explained in that thread!

(Your OP edit isn't complete! Remove details of who was the driver)
    Last edited by Quentin; 17-07-2017 at 3:39 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 3:35 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 24,227 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Ok thanks so far. I have missed the 28th day deadline (7/06/17) helped by the fact that their invoice was dated 27/06/017. I've just checked and I still have the option to pay the £100 so maybe I can still appeal.
    Not sure I understand your dates there. If the Notice to Keeper is dated 27/06, how can a date 20 days prior be the deadline?

Was their letter of 27/06 the first postal communication from them?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    Not sure I understand your dates there. If the Notice to Keeper is dated 27/06, how can a date 20 days prior be the deadline?

Was their letter of 27/06 the first postal communication from them?
    PCN issue date: 27/06
    Incident Date: 07/06

This was the first postal communication from them.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 24,227 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well you've got 28 days from 27/06.

Was a windscreen ticket applied to the vehicle?

• JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    Was a windscreen ticket applied to the vehicle?
    No windscreen ticket was applied to the vehicle.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 33,248 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    So the keeper can follow the newbies faq thread and send in the blue appeal. Dead easy. A popla code will follow.

Read up on constructing a POPLA appeal so you are ready when the time comes

Also read up on complaining to the landowner/retailer and in this case school.
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    Is there any point in appealing given that the car was erroneously not registered to be parked there?

Also, are POPLAs only for BPA members? How do I determine whether the company who issues the notice are members or not?
    Last edited by JohnStar; 17-07-2017 at 4:19 PM.
    • JohnStar
    • By JohnStar 17th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    JohnStar
    Just to be clear, this is a Parking Charge Notice not a Penalty Charge Notice - does that matter?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 4:58 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 24,227 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    We'll be rewriting the newbies sticky here soon!

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 5:43 PM
    • 33,248 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    Only if we keep taking the bait!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,708Posts Today

9,980Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GabbyLogan: @MartinSLewis you are just brilliant. Love the format, great pairing with Angelica ????

• Hi folks. Thanks for watching.am shattered. Hope you enjoyed the show. Must admit can't remember any of it right no? https://t.co/zPn8xwVKqv

• Anthony here (Martin's tweet-double), signing off now. The next voice you hear will be Martin's. Thanks all and goodnight. #MartinLewis

• Follow Martin