Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nick_griff187
    • By nick_griff187 17th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nick_griff187
    Advice with consumer rights
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    Advice with consumer rights 17th Jul 17 at 2:00 PM
    Hi first post for a while, just looking for some advice on my consumer rights.

I am having an issue with a company where I purchased my Sofa & snuggle chair suite from. It was purchased for just under £3000 back in December 2015. As you can see from price was not a cheap suite. Within the last year & half I have had to have repair team out on 3 occasions regarding springs & clips coming loose. It has happened again & i have learnt that it is the same clip & spring each time with the repair men repeating same words, it shouldn't happen again!!!. With the fact it isn't used as much due to most of our times watching tv in bedroom & also the price we have paid for "top quality" sofa instead of purchasing from places like DFS our frustrations & patience have run out. The company has now come back saying that the manufacturer has stated that the sofa must have been clipped incorrect & will order new clips & come back out again (which is what the first repair man said). I have informed the company that I am not happy & feel like we're being palmed off with excuses every time. They said that they will contact them this week but have said that a new replacement or refund is not an options.

My thought is surely being as its the same fault each time & the amount of repairs I have had that I have rights to a new sofa or refund. I honestly believe there is a fault somewhere as we purchased this sofa after seeing the exact sofa with a family member which has seen more use & in perfect condition. The days I have also taken off from work to have these done is just getting to me.

I am waiting to hear back from the furniture company but can anyone point me in the right direction of what I can do about this frustrating costly situation?
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 17th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    Hi first post for a while, just looking for some advice on my consumer rights.

I am having an issue with a company where I purchased my Sofa & snuggle chair suite from. It was purchased for just under £3000 back in December 2015. As you can see from price was not a cheap suite. Within the last year & half I have had to have repair team out on 3 occasions regarding springs & clips coming loose. It has happened again & i have learnt that it is the same clip & spring each time with the repair men repeating same words, it shouldn't happen again!!!. With the fact it isn't used as much due to most of our times watching tv in bedroom & also the price we have paid for "top quality" sofa instead of purchasing from places like DFS our frustrations & patience have run out. The company has now come back saying that the manufacturer has stated that the sofa must have been clipped incorrect & will order new clips & come back out again (which is what the first repair man said). I have informed the company that I am not happy & feel like we're being palmed off with excuses every time. They said that they will contact them this week but have said that a new replacement or refund is not an options.

My thought is surely being as its the same fault each time & the amount of repairs I have had that I have rights to a new sofa or refund. I honestly believe there is a fault somewhere as we purchased this sofa after seeing the exact sofa with a family member which has seen more use & in perfect condition. The days I have also taken off from work to have these done is just getting to me.

I am waiting to hear back from the furniture company but can anyone point me in the right direction of what I can do about this frustrating costly situation?
    Originally posted by nick_griff187
    After just one failed repair you have the right to insist on returning it and getting a refund.

But they do have the right to reduce that refund to take account of the use you have had.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter