Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 59,445Posts
    • 42,162Thanks
    soolin
    NPB opened and buyer blocked from leaving feedback
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    NPB opened and buyer blocked from leaving feedback 17th Jul 17 at 1:55 PM
    On my private account I have set up the automatic system to open NPB cases and my first using the system opened last night. Interestingly the feedback 'from buyer' symbol has been greyed out and if I hover over the symbol it says 'resolution process has blocked buyer from leaving feedback'.

Has anyone else noticed this and if so are you on the automatic system as previously I certainly didn't have it on the last one I opened manually.
    Last edited by soolin; 17-07-2017 at 5:17 PM. Reason: because I am a numpty
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 11,174 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    Having read that three times, I think it's a typo and you mean NPB?

If it is blocking automatically then that's a good sign.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Jul 17, 5:00 PM
    • 59,445 Posts
    • 42,162 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:00 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:00 PM
    Having read that three times, I think it's a typo and you mean NPB?

If it is blocking automatically then that's a good sign.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    You are correct, I'm a numpty- I meant 'NPB' and have corrected my post.

I think I was just so taken back that ebay might just have done something useful for a seller for a change that I got carried away!
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • soolin
    • By soolin 19th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    • 59,445 Posts
    • 42,162 Thanks
    soolin
    • 19th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    Interestingly I have just manually opened an NPB case and on this occasion the buyer feedback is not greyed out, so it looks like it only prevents feedback automatically on opening if you use the automated system. I do have another automatic one die to open later and will see if that blocks the buyer from leaving feedback as well- if so I will switch all my accounts over to the automated system.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 19th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,026 Thanks
    bxboards
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    This system has been in place for at least 3 years, possibly longer. You might be able to find the Ebay announcement still, but its going back yonks.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 19th Jul 17, 5:42 PM
    • 59,445 Posts
    • 42,162 Thanks
    soolin
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:42 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:42 PM
    This system has been in place for at least 3 years, possibly longer. You might be able to find the Ebay announcement still, but its going back yonks.
    Originally posted by bxboards
    I missed that one, I have always opened my NPBs manually so never realised that there was a benefit of setting up the system to do it automatically. Obviously I knew that if they don't pay and I close the case they can't leave feedback, but this restriction on just opening a case is brilliant.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 19th Jul 17, 5:59 PM
    • 11,174 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:59 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 5:59 PM
    Well there's a new one.

I too only knew about the feedback restriction/removal when the case was closed, not when it was opened by the assistant.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 19th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,026 Thanks
    bxboards
    • 19th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    I missed that one, I have always opened my NPBs manually so never realised that there was a benefit of setting up the system to do it automatically. Obviously I knew that if they don't pay and I close the case they can't leave feedback, but this restriction on just opening a case is brilliant.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Apparently in been like this for 7 years! I knew it was yonks ago, but not that long!

https://tamebay.com/2010/04/ebay-uk-rolls-out-automatic-unpaid-item-disputes.html
    • soolin
    • By soolin 19th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 59,445 Posts
    • 42,162 Thanks
    soolin
    • 19th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    Oh that's a shame, the article says if they do pay then they can leave feedback after all, so it's no different to the normal system really. I w as hoping they couldn't leave feedback at all .
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 19th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 11,174 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Oh that's a shame, the article says if they do pay then they can leave feedback after all, so it's no different to the normal system really. I w as hoping they couldn't leave feedback at all .
    Originally posted by soolin
    Mmm. Yes, not quite as I understood the change to be.

Not a change then.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 19th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,026 Thanks
    bxboards
    I think I have mentioned this before, but if you don't want a NPB to pay, invoice the postage at 9999.99 or something - they won't pay that..can't leave feedback.

My policy has always been that late payers forfeit the item. I do a lot of 'Best Offer' and my T&Cs state the accepted best offer price is valid only for 24 hours, and then onto a NPB after 48 hours.

Might sound harsh but with 4 figure items, can't have stock held in limbo, and wait around for tyre kickers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

5,364Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin