Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • boxii
    • By boxii 17th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    boxii
    PCM (with permit) appeal help!
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    PCM (with permit) appeal help! 17th Jul 17 at 1:09 PM
    I have read the newbies thread and can't make sense of it.
    I got a parking ticket last month for an area that I pay monthly for from a pub landlord. On this particular day my my permit was not clearly visible (but I did have one which was valid). I appealed online immediately and had no response so did the same process again a week later. Again heard nothing until over a month later when I get a letter saying it had risen from £60 to £100 as I had ignored it. I called and explained I had appealed twice which she confirmed they have logged so set it back to £60 advising me to appeal via post (I sent a copy of my permit valid on the date I was fined). As expected they rejected my appeal.
    What should I do now?!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    • 13,613 Posts
    • 21,348 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    Get the landlord to intervene. You've paid him your parking fees.

If you can't understand the NEWBIES sticky, you're going to struggle. But it isn't a skim-read job. You're bordering legal territory, so it won't be like reading the Beano.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    I have read the newbies thread and can't make sense of it.

What should I do now?!
    Originally posted by boxii
    Ask someone to read it for you.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

471Posts Today

5,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin