Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • photosynthesize
    • By photosynthesize 17th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    photosynthesize
    World Lottery Club - swizz
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    World Lottery Club - swizz 17th Jul 17 at 1:04 PM
    Was emailed an offer by Groupon for a cheap go on the Euromillions. When I clicked on it, it took me straight to the World Lottery Club website which I don't remember a Groupon email doing before. I bought the deal. Later discovered an extra two £17 charges on my bank account from them. They're claiming I agreed to subscribe to a regular lottery entry and that they make it 'very clear' that's what you're doing. I would never have done this if I'd seen it and understood it. I don't even agree to automatic goes on the National Lottery website. Am furious and I think it's really shady. Probably not much point complaining to Groupon, their customer service is dreadful.
Page 1
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 17th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:09 PM
    I've done the 2 euromillions bets for 99p deal before.

After purchasing it does ask you if you want to subscribe to regular bets. Instead of saying no, you obviously said yes.

It's a little forced in terms of promotional material, but you have to say yes in order to be charged...

I'm not sure many people would willingly agree and I think they prey on people just clicking yes without reading and I'm surprised that people actually fall for it...
    • photosynthesize
    • By photosynthesize 17th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    photosynthesize
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    well I bought the tickets on my smart phone in a rush, and I just didn't see anything that alerted me to it. the confirmation that I'd subscribed went straight into my spam folder too so I didn't see that either.
    • photome
    • By photome 17th Jul 17, 6:22 PM
    • 12,531 Posts
    • 8,027 Thanks
    photome
    • 17th Jul 17, 6:22 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 6:22 PM
    well I bought the tickets on my smart phone in a rush, and I just didn't see anything that alerted me to it. the confirmation that I'd subscribed went straight into my spam folder too so I didn't see that either.
    Originally posted by photosynthesize
    There lies your problem

Smart phone and in a rush. Why didn't you take your time and read the t and c
    • photosynthesize
    • By photosynthesize 17th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    photosynthesize
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    thanks for being so horrible, I hope somebody else treats you like that too.
    • London50
    • By London50 17th Jul 17, 8:43 PM
    • 1,493 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    London50
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:43 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:43 PM
    I'm sorry but if you cannot for any reason read the t & c's before buying into a service then {as sad as it is} you only have yourself to blame.
    You admit it was done in a rush and on your smartphone so without reading just what your are agreeing to will end up being an expensive mistake on your part and perhaps a lesson you will take forward for the future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,238Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin