Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nimdy
    • By nimdy 17th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 10Thanks
    nimdy
    TNT Delivery Company - Systems down for three weeks
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    TNT Delivery Company - Systems down for three weeks 17th Jul 17 at 12:26 PM
    HI All,
    I purchased some internet cameras from a Chinese electronics website 6 weeks ago. I purchased TNT express delivery so that the delivery time would be reduced from 15-20 days to 5-7 days. The order went through and I started to get updates (processing, dispatching etc). I then received another email with my TNT tracking number on it. I checked this a few days later and could see the parcel is in the UK.

At this point a virus hit the TNT delivery company, wiping out all their systems. They are still struggling just over three weeks later. This doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the media, but it is starting to annoy me. When I phone TNT I am told they have no access to systems so cannot help. I am now getting emails from the company I bought the items from saying if I don't pay the customs charges soon, the package will be destroyed or sent back to China at my cost.

Does anyone know what I can do? Firstly I need the items (baby monitor cameras, one to replace a broken one and the other for our newest arrival), plus I want to know if I am entitled to any compensation. I realse the systems have been hit, but to still be without systems three weeks later is a little hard to believe.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 17th Jul 17, 12:49 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:49 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:49 PM
    HI All,
    I purchased some internet cameras from a Chinese electronics website 6 weeks ago. I purchased TNT express delivery so that the delivery time would be reduced from 15-20 days to 5-7 days. The order went through and I started to get updates (processing, dispatching etc). I then received another email with my TNT tracking number on it. I checked this a few days later and could see the parcel is in the UK.

At this point a virus hit the TNT delivery company, wiping out all their systems. They are still struggling just over three weeks later. This doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the media, but it is starting to annoy me. When I phone TNT I am told they have no access to systems so cannot help. I am now getting emails from the company I bought the items from saying if I don't pay the customs charges soon, the package will be destroyed or sent back to China at my cost.

Does anyone know what I can do? Firstly I need the items (baby monitor cameras, one to replace a broken one and the other for our newest arrival), plus I want to know if I am entitled to any compensation. I realse the systems have been hit, but to still be without systems three weeks later is a little hard to believe.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by nimdy
    Read here: mytnt.tnt.com

Telephone numbers are there.
    • nimdy
    • By nimdy 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    nimdy
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    Thanks. I called the number on that page already. They don't seem to be able to help me.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 17th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    • 3,456 Posts
    • 2,597 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    I am now getting emails from the company I bought the items from saying if I don't pay the customs charges soon, the package will be destroyed or sent back to China at my cost.

So customs have the parcel?

Do customs tell the sender that customs charges have not been paid?
    • Shaka_Zulu
    • By Shaka_Zulu 17th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 1,862 Thanks
    Shaka_Zulu
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    I think customs will be well aware of TNTs problems and this will not be a problem.

Compensation? What loss/injury have you suffered?
    • visidigi
    • By visidigi 17th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 5,643 Posts
    • 3,513 Thanks
    visidigi
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    HI All,

Thanks.
    Originally posted by nimdy
    You have no contract with TNT - the shipper does.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,116Posts Today

8,870Users online

Martin's Twitter