Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beefio
    • By beefio 17th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    beefio
    A S Parking t/a Athens Security Services Ltd
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    A S Parking t/a Athens Security Services Ltd 17th Jul 17 at 11:58 AM
    Hi

Please could anyone advice if the following company are litigious:-

A S Parking
    Athens Security Services Ltd
    PO BOX 520
    Newquay
    TR7 9BU

I have a parking ticket which I'm willing to fight on the basis that it won't go to court down in Newquay which is a 600 mile round trip for me which would cost a lot more in petrol than the £60 ticket...

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 15,425 Posts
    • 24,122 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Athens_Security_Services.html

Any court case would be at your local court. It won't be you making a 600 mile round trip!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beefio
    • By beefio 17th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beefio
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    Thanks!

54 Court Hearings in 2016 based on 4113 tickets.
    39 Court Hearings in 2017 based on 1592 tickets.

So they would have to send a representative on a 600 mile trip to my local court?

How likely is that to happen?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 15,425 Posts
    • 24,122 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    They may get employ a local advocate for the day. We can't second guess how any PPC will react.

Expect the worst and prepare for it. You won't then be disappointed!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beefio
    • By beefio 17th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beefio
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:32 PM
    I did think that, bit for a £100 ticket seems like a lot of hassle for them, would I pay th me advocates costs of them?

If it comes out of their pocket I can't see them bothering...

Appreciate we can't second guess what they'll do, but from experience how likely is a PPC in Newquay taking someone to court in Watford?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 15,425 Posts
    • 24,122 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    Legal costs (if you lose) are capped at £50 in the small claims court. Total cost of a loss would be around £175-£200, includes the cost of the original parking charge notice.

from experience how likely is a PPC in Newquay taking someone to court in Watford?
    In many cases we don't know where the motorist lives (rarely a need to ask); we only advise them that the case would be heard at their local court, not that of the PPC.

All I would say is that if you lived in Truro, it would be a 100% certainty. Logic would suggest the further away you are, the % reduces. But never second guess a predator.

• waamo
    • By waamo 17th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    Nobody knows, they might or they might not. You've seen the figures for yourself.

If they did they could well get a local rep on a no win no fee basis. That would make it viable. There aren't that many reps willing to do it on that basis though.

If you lost they can charge £50 reps fee. You only pay expenses if you act unreasonably which is pretty rare.

Costs tend to be limited in a small claim.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

4,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin