Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • obraonain88
    • By obraonain88 17th Jul 17, 10:44 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    obraonain88
    Vueling offer, then refuse to pay compensation!
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:44 AM
    Vueling offer, then refuse to pay compensation! 17th Jul 17 at 10:44 AM
    Hello

I was travelling with Vueling between Amsterdam and Luton on 2nd July 2016 and the flight was delayed over 4 hours (flight number VY8406).

I wrote to them via Resolver and they replied within a week, accepting responsibility and offering compensation. I replied with my bank details but heard nothing so kept writing to them over the last year, with no further reply. This month I contacted them on Twitter and was told my case had been closed, after some chivvying they re-opened it and I received an email stating that the delay was caused by birdstrike, so no compensation was due. I asked for proof as this is contradictory to their original omission of fault, but they didn't provide any - is there a way I can ascertain independently, what was the cause of the delay?

I am rather frustrated to still be spending time on this a year later, particularly if no compensation was ever due, but at the same point I'm not willing to drop this without proof.

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 17th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    you can try a couple of the nwnf free checkers. EUclaim, bottonline

EUClaim says
    Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation.
    An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.

An extraordinary circumstance is a situation which the airline has no control over and cannot be held responsible for, for example, a strike by air traffic control staff, bad weather or a terrorist attack.

With our years of experience in the field of passenger rights, we do not expect to achieve a positive result in this case. Therefore, we are unable to accept your claim. Should you wish to pursue your claim further, we advise you to contact the airline or your legal expenses/travel insurer.

not tried bottonline
    • obraonain88
    • By obraonain88 17th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    obraonain88
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 11:48 AM
    Thanks Caz3121, I tried that yesterday along with Bott Online, who contradictorily say that I have a claim! I clearly can't rely on information from Vueling hence trying to find it from another source, before I waste anymore time on this.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 17th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    Bott &Co check from many different sources so if they say you have a valid claim you probably have.

Assuming you did not depart then the bird strike would be a knock in from a previous flight, not yours.

If you don't want the hassle of it any more, go with Botts rather than give up.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,424Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin