Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savory92
    • By savory92 17th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    savory92
    VCS CCJ by Default
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    VCS CCJ by Default 17th Jul 17 at 10:01 AM
    Morning all,
    I recently did a credit check to discover a court judgment had been passed on me, dated 06Jun2017. The details listed gave me a reference number and the court in question. This was the county court business centre. I tried to call the centre as soon as I discovered this to find out what was going on. There is a message on the website saying they are having a phone issue, and after trying multiple time (40+) I could not get through, so emailed them asking for some information (13Jul17), but have still recieved no response yet.
    The only possible explanation for this is the 3 parking notices I got from VCS approximately 1 year ago. I appealed each time, but to no avail, as I have now discovered after reading through this site.
    The parking tickets were not warranted at all, which is why I refused to pay. I lived in apparments in Liverpool, and was allocated a parking space, as per my rental agreement. This was a secure gated compound only accessable with a key fob. I always parked in my allocated space and displayed the relevant permit. I recieved 2 tickets for not displaying it properly and 1 for not displaying it at all. I have pictures taken at the time to show this as well.
    I moved from that address sometime around the end of June/ early July 2016, and recieved another letter from them some time later and the house where my car is registered. I again ignored this letter as I didn't think anything of it. I seem to remember them saying that the charges would be forgotton if I paid a £10 admin charge. I also refused this.
    So I have now discovered the CCJ, which has me listed at my old address and has been passed by default. I have a good credit score and would hope to be applying for a mortgage soon, so definitely don't want this to hamper that, as its completely unwarranted.
    If anyone out there could help me out and point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated, as I'm not 100% sure how to procede.
    I can supply more information if needed!
    Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 17th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 3,092 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    Fill out an N244 form. Pay £255 and wait for a date for your set-aside hearing.

If a court has given you a CCJ, only a court can remove it.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 7:09 PM
    • 51,522 Posts
    • 65,133 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:09 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:09 PM
    This is all covered in the NEWBIES FAQs sticky thread post #2. Top of the forum.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 17th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 2,337 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    I moved from that address sometime around the end of June/ early July 2016, and recieved another letter from them some time later and the house where my car is registered.
    Have you now updated the DVLA with your correct address details? If not you're looking at a hefty fine, so do it quickly
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,170Posts Today

6,894Users online

Martin's Twitter