Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • roughsea
    • By roughsea 17th Jul 17, 8:07 AM
    • 65Posts
    • 12Thanks
    roughsea
    Bankrupt - Trademark
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:07 AM
    Bankrupt - Trademark 17th Jul 17 at 8:07 AM
    Just realised i have a trademark registered but never been used or traded with and no plans to use it in the future

Do i have to inform the OR of the trademark ?
Page 1
    • philnicandevan
    • By philnicandevan 17th Jul 17, 8:11 AM
    • 512 Posts
    • 495 Thanks
    philnicandevan
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:11 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:11 AM
    It can be classed as an asset by the receiver far as I know.....

some reading here

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/technicalmanual/ch25-36/Chapter31/part10A/Part%204/Part%204.htm
    Not quite a newbie as you think (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..
    BSC 58
  • National Debtline
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    Very well spotted by philnicandevan .

roughsea - yes, I would advise you to declare the trademark to the OR - it is then up to them what if anything they do with it.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • roughsea
    • By roughsea 17th Jul 17, 5:07 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    roughsea
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:07 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:07 PM
    thanks guys and much appreciated
    • philnicandevan
    • By philnicandevan 18th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 512 Posts
    • 495 Thanks
    philnicandevan
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    Very well spotted by philnicandevan .

roughsea - yes, I would advise you to declare the trademark to the OR - it is then up to them what if anything they do with it.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    Originally posted by National Debtline

**The odd one or two CAB advisers sometimes know what they're doing and talking about contary to belief **
    Not quite a newbie as you think (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..
    BSC 58
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,264Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin