Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Jul 17, 7:26 AM
    • 7,138Posts
    • 13,051Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Fitness tracker for under £70 that works!
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:26 AM
    Fitness tracker for under £70 that works! 17th Jul 17 at 7:26 AM
    I am getting fed up of buying fitness trackers from Amazon, which have good reviews and they don't work and returning them with 48 hours.

These are the reasons:
    . Can't find fitness tracker on bluetooth
    . Once binded, the time and date wasn't updated - no where on app or from Googling, told me how to change it
    . With current one, it hasn't recorded any data from the previous days and now won't charge.

My phone is and iPhone6s.

I don't do any sport, but I walk loads at work. I would like these features on it:
    . Able to use it as a watch - no to Fitbit Flex.
    . Easy to charge. I find the ones with the curved usb ports don't charge - even I have tried 4 different usb plugs and the ones on my laptop
    , Sleep mode that is easy to get in/out of. So either does it automatically or with pressing the screen for a few seconds. Can't be doing with ones you have to set the times on the app - which isn't good for me as I go to bed and wake up different times.

Any help will be useful. TIA
Page 1
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 17th Jul 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 1,209 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:58 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:58 PM
    What exactly do you need out of this app and why?

Adding your fitness goals might also help us provide answers.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 17th Jul 17, 3:18 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 6,363 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:18 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:18 PM
    I really liked my Garmin vivofit. Battery lasted more than a year. It would meet all your criteria. I now use a running watch instead so I gave it to my daughter - as far as I know it is still going
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 17th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    I recently bought a decent Garmin second hand on eBay for under £50. There are often watches on there in good nick for a good price.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 19th Jul 17, 11:56 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 6,171 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:56 PM
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:56 PM
    I bought a tomtom spark which I'm very pleased with - can use it for running, cycling, swimming & walking
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 20th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 7,592 Posts
    • 16,745 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    Misfit Shine?

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

#JC4PM
    • jumbola
    • By jumbola 24th Jul 17, 12:03 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jumbola
    • 24th Jul 17, 12:03 AM
    • 24th Jul 17, 12:03 AM
    Sony Smartwatch 3 is supposed to be good! One of the only phones that can play music and track at the same time.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 24th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    • 29,968 Posts
    • 18,978 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 24th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    • 24th Jul 17, 3:30 PM
    I have a Xiaomi mi band 2

It counts your steps, heart rate, distance tracking, monitors sleeping patterns (view this on the app on your phone), can set alarms too, vibrates for a message and phone calls.

Oh its Bluetooth 4.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

3,205Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin