Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 16th Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    • 2,565Posts
    • 410Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Recommendation for phone holder for use with bike?
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    Recommendation for phone holder for use with bike? 16th Jul 17 at 9:39 PM
    I picked up my new bike this weekend, a Trek FX2 & took it out this morning. Already i've started noting things i need to pick up that i'd never paid any mind to.

One of which is a phone holder. I have an iPhone 6S which is in an Otterbox case. Obviously i can remove it from the case if needs be, that doesn't bother me.

I'd like to track my route so would like to mount it to the handlebars if possible. I may be out when it's raining some days so would really want a waterproof one. I think i'd prefer this over an arm strap type thing that runners use.

I don't want to run through experimenting with mounts and the like, buying ones that aren't so great before i finally find one fitting the bill so can anyone here recommend one that they're happy with?

Thanks.

Page 1
    • jbainbridge
    • By jbainbridge 22nd Jul 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1,730 Posts
    • 1,123 Thanks
    jbainbridge
    • 22nd Jul 17, 7:37 PM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 7:37 PM
    Quad lock case and mount. Expensive but brilliant. They do a water proof cover too.
    • Cardinal-Red
    • By Cardinal-Red 27th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 643 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    Cardinal-Red
    • 27th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    I did this when I first started biking.
    Soon changed my mind - and got a specific GPS unit and mount instead.
    Main issues being battery life, waterproofing (and usability when wet) and the preference of breaking a cheaper GPS than my phone when getting into scrapes.

Your phone can go safely in a good saddle bag.
    The above facts belong to everybody; the opinions belong to me; the distinction is yours to draw...
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 27th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    • 7,732 Posts
    • 5,519 Thanks
    esuhl
    • 27th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    I have an Android phone, but I bought a BioLogic case for it, and it was both cheap and rugged. It clips and unclips easily, and can be rotated (clicking firmly into position).

It's kept my phone dry in torrential downpours. It has a rubber port so you can connect an external battery pack (which I attach to the handlebars) -- but I wouldn't trust that in the rain.

Their iPhone6S case is probably a bit different to the one I have, but maybe worth a look...?

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/bike-mount-plus-iphone-66s
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin