Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jlawson118
    • By Jlawson118 16th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    • 804Posts
    • 108Thanks
    Jlawson118
    Experian Credit Score coming up differently?
    • 16th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    Experian Credit Score coming up differently? 16th Jul 17 at 7:42 PM
    I know the score itself doesn't really matter and isn't what lenders see, although I currently see my Experian Score from three different platforms. Barclaycard, MSE Credit Club & the free Experian Itself.

The Barclaycard one has updated every 60 days for the past year that I've had the account now and the other day it updated and showed that I had a score near enough the maximum 999, and was in the middle of Excellent.

Around two days later, my Credit Club score updated and was at 815 and in the middle of 'Fair' which is very disappointing really. Logging onto Experian itself comes up with the same number, but that is due to update in nine days.

My question is, is there a delay on the MSE credit club? Or is the Barclaycard one wrong? Does anybody know?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 16th Jul 17, 8:47 PM
    • 13,668 Posts
    • 14,123 Thanks
    zx81
    • 16th Jul 17, 8:47 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 8:47 PM
    The scores used to be wrong and meaningless. Now they're inconsistent as well.

Just add them up and take the average.
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 16th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,034 Posts
    • 3,182 Thanks
    bazzyb
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    Unless you are hoping to achieve the perfect 999 score and print it off and frame it, then it doesn't really matter. Check the data is the same on the various reports as this is the important thing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,001Posts Today

6,220Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin