Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natwestftb
    • By Natwestftb 16th Jul 17, 5:44 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Natwestftb
    Natwest mortgage application when overdrawn
    • 16th Jul 17, 5:44 PM
    Natwest mortgage application when overdrawn 16th Jul 17 at 5:44 PM
    Hi, looking for advice/ experiences please! I have a decision in principle with Natwest for a new build help to buy mortgage. Our full application is now with the underwriters and I'm just wondering how likely it is that the mortgage application will be granted. I'm self- employed and currently owed money which is late in being paid to me. As a result, I'm a couple of thousand pounds in my overdraft. Account conduct is otherwise good and no issues with affordability in general. Is it likely to be automatically declined by the underwriter due to being in overdraft? Also, just wondering approximately how long it is likely to take to get a decision (I bank with them, if that makes a difference). Thanks very much.
Page 1
    • glosoli
    • By glosoli 16th Jul 17, 6:20 PM
    • 675 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    glosoli
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:20 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:20 PM
    Unlikely to be declined due to the overdraft usage. It is an agreed credit facility after all. As long as it is all relative to your income there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 16th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    An overdraft is repayable on demand, but if they are happy to lend you £2K unsecured ; a secured mortgage should be relatively easier.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

337Posts Today

2,378Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin