Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 14th Jul 17, 11:31 PM
    • 2,729Posts
    • 18,476Thanks
    JIL
    A Female Doctor Who.
    • 14th Jul 17, 11:31 PM
    A Female Doctor Who. 14th Jul 17 at 11:31 PM
    According to BBC website the new Dr who will be revealed on Sunday after Wimbledon.

Any guesses as to who this will be?

My money is on Kris Marshall.

Any other thoughts?

I don't even watch Dr Who!
    Last edited by JIL; 17-07-2017 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Added who to title.
Page 2
    • Gers
    • By Gers 15th Jul 17, 7:48 PM
    • 5,765 Posts
    • 33,550 Thanks
    Gers
    Doesn't matter at all what we think / want / hope - out of our hands. I'll watch whoever becomes the new Dr. There may an element of displeasure / unsurety/ pleasure, none of us got a vote.

My Dalek and I will still watch.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 15th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 2,749 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I have watched since the late great John Pertwee was the Doctor. My personal favourite Doctor is Tom Baker.
    Of the NU-Who Doctors Capaldi has been my favourite.
    Why? Well, for one thing, he probably knows more about the Doctor than most the others who have portrayed him over the years because he is a fan himself. He has played the Doctor brilliantly. I agree however that the writing has let him down terribly and I was not at all fond of Clara bloody Oswald...
    Whoever gets the role will be the Doctor to another generation, regardless of what grumpy old gits like me think and even if it is a woman this time round I for one couldn't give a monkeys.
    No one ever thought the Master would become a woman and for me Missy has been brilliant.
    Good luck to whoever it is, they're certainly going to need it as us Whovians are a bloody fussy lot eh?
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 16th Jul 17, 12:22 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 13,049 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    If they had a female DW then Tamzin Greig would be a good choice or Vicki McClure
    • Gers
    • By Gers 16th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    • 5,765 Posts
    • 33,550 Thanks
    Gers
    Blooming heck - a woman!

• Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 16th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 3,174 Posts
    • 6,578 Thanks
    Murphybear
    Jodie Whittaker.

I have no idea who she is
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 16th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    • 2,604 Posts
    • 4,930 Thanks
    Spidernick
    A Female Doctor
    Sorry, but to my mind that's just wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

Political correctness gone mad!
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 16th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    • 16,949 Posts
    • 25,853 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    Interesting. She's a great actress, was good in Broadchurch.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • Mrs Arcanum
    • By Mrs Arcanum 16th Jul 17, 4:35 PM
    • 15,706 Posts
    • 31,661 Thanks
    Mrs Arcanum

Originally posted by Spidernick
    Seems logical as we had Missy as the Master, so why not? Especially as the 12 regenerations originally claimed have been used up, so a good way of extending the Doctors.
    You do not gain an O when you lose. Loose means baggy/let go.
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 16th Jul 17, 4:35 PM
    • 2,604 Posts
    • 4,930 Thanks
    Spidernick
    I just think it's political correctness gone mad - bonkers!
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 16th Jul 17, 4:36 PM
    • 6,636 Posts
    • 15,684 Thanks
    barmonkey
    Well if it is Kris Marshall as the odds suggest, I hope the pay for some acting lessons before he starts, he is abysmal.

Oh, just seen its Jodie Whittaker. could be worse
    Last edited by barmonkey; 16-07-2017 at 4:39 PM.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 16th Jul 17, 4:37 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 5,681 Thanks
    avogadro
    Given that she is still (relatively) young, there might even be a pregnant Doctor Who in a year or two. I wonder how the scriptwriters would work that one into space and time travel
    • grahawk
    • By grahawk 16th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 6,161 Thanks
    grahawk

I guess I should point out that Doctor Who is both an alien and a fictional character. Which means that anything is possible. Unless you're an expert in the little known biology of Gallifreyans.
    'If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.' Mark Twain
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 16th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 5,681 Thanks
    avogadro
    Could the mods please merge the two threads on this topic?
    • dontone
    • By dontone 16th Jul 17, 4:40 PM
    • 3,758 Posts
    • 11,124 Thanks
    dontone
    I just think it's political correctness gone mad - bonkers!
    Me too. I can't believe they have done that. My all time favourite show - ruined beyond repair. The PC Brigade have got what they wanted. Gutted.
    I haven't been this p'd off since they announced who was going to be no.7 on John Craven's Newsround all those years ago.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 16th Jul 17, 4:42 PM
    • 6,636 Posts
    • 15,684 Thanks
    barmonkey
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • decbel
    • By decbel 16th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 1,496 Thanks
    decbel
    What in the galaxy is wrong with a female Doctor Who?
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 16th Jul 17, 4:44 PM
    • 16,949 Posts
    • 25,853 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    What in the galaxy is wrong with a female Doctor Who?
    Originally posted by decbel
    My thoughts exactly. At least give her a chance.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • grahawk
    • By grahawk 16th Jul 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 6,161 Thanks
    grahawk
    Me too. I can't believe they have done that. My all time favourite show - ruined beyond repair. The PC Brigade have got what they wanted. Gutted.
    I haven't been this p'd off since they announced who was going to be no.7 on John Craven's Newsround all those years ago.
    Originally posted by dontone
    I'll point on this thread too that Doctor Who is both an alien and a fictional character. Which means that anything is possible. Unless you're an expert in the little known biology of Gallifreyans.
    'If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.' Mark Twain
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 16th Jul 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 5,681 Thanks
    avogadro
    Originally posted by dontone
    I feel the same about The Now Show

(For those who haven't listened to it, it's a satirical news programme on Radio 4 which used to be hilariously funny. Until the BBC decided the male-female ratio of comedians needed to be addressed..)
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 16th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 13,049 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Wonder who the sidekick is - gender wise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

780Posts Today

6,160Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin