Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fred246
    • By fred246 16th Jul 17, 3:54 PM
    • 853Posts
    • 469Thanks
    fred246
    Lifetime Allowance
    • 16th Jul 17, 3:54 PM
    Lifetime Allowance 16th Jul 17 at 3:54 PM
    I have both DC and DB pensions. If I work till 59 I will breach the £1 million limit. However I hope to retire at 55 when my pot(DB pension * 20 + lump sum + DC pot) is about £760K. I have avoided paying any more into my DC pension since the LTA was introduced but I am wondering if it is safe to add some more and still avoid breaching the LTA. I was always worried about the government changing the LTA and maybe bringing it down to £750K.
    Last edited by fred246; 16-07-2017 at 4:00 PM.
Page 1
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 16th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 10,309 Posts
    • 6,611 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 16th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    Who knows what polliticians will do.

Historically it's generally been possible to apply for protection when the lifetime allowance has been reduced so it would be reasonable to assume the same of rang future changes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,711Posts Today

7,688Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin