Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 16th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2,265Posts
    • 344Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Windows 7 taking forever to load
    • 16th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    Windows 7 taking forever to load 16th Jul 17 at 3:39 PM

For a week or so now when i turn the PC on it gets caught up at this screen. Not all the time but often. This morning after probably about 3-5 minutes at this screen i went downstairs & had a coffee, came back upstairs once i'd done that & it had finally opened up Windows 7.

I've not installed anything new that i can think of. I've ran SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, MS SE. Nothing found.

Page 2
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Well i ran Acronis last night to back up the C drive. The C is my Samsung SSD. There's not a great deal on there i think but there is stuff. Most of my files are on a 2TB HDD which has been partitioned off into 2 drives.

And Windows 10 is not an option. Well it is, but i don't want it.

• ChristianC123
    • By ChristianC123 17th Jul 17, 11:19 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChristianC123
    You may try the following steps and check if it helps.
    Method 1:
    Step 1:
    You may refer to the following article to check if the issue occurs in Safe mode.
    Start your computer in safe mode
    Step 2:
    If you are not facing the issue in safe mode with networking, then you may perform a clean boot and check.
    A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue.
    You may refer the following KB article to put the computer in clean boot:
    How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7!!!!!!
    After the trouble shooting steps please refer to clean boot link to put the computer back to normal start up mode.
    !
    Method 2:
    Unplug the external devices connected and check if the issue persists.
    You may also update the chipset and all device drivers to the latest by visiting the computer manufacturer’s website.
    Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Regards,
    Christian
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 17th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    • 1,929 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    DavidP24
    Event logs and boot logs are two completely different things.
    But maybe you are new to this
    Originally posted by Jim431
    No maybe you are

The event log viewer allows you to view all events, it is just a plug in, I guess you do not know how to use it.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

782Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin