Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paul-1975
    • By Paul-1975 16th Jul 17, 2:26 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Paul-1975
    Waiting for a mortgage offer (I hope!!)
    • 16th Jul 17, 2:26 PM
    Waiting for a mortgage offer (I hope!!) 16th Jul 17 at 2:26 PM
    Hi everyone. Hope someone can with me a bit of peace of mind. My partner and me saw a house that had been on the market for less than 24 hours. We loved it so we went to see the estate agent first thing next morning. We put the offer in(asking price) and it was accepted. That was 2-3 weeks ago. Since then, we've had 3 meetings with the Mortgage Advisor. All looks good so far. My salary is over 41000 pounds and my partner 's, close to 20000.
    The lender as advised by the MA will be Newcastle BS. We have put all the documents through for the formal application already. The valuation has been carried out and it has come back as the asking price. Because we both are EU citizens, we had to show 6 months worth bank statements and 3 month payslips. They have sent a reference letter to my partner's workplace and all has been sent out positively. Nothing to mine, though.two days ago, my MA said she had received an email with few questions to clarify bank transactions. Now we have a joint account but we had 2 separate accounts with a save account each. So, we used to move money in and out depending on needs. All explained and she said we should have a mortgage a offer soon but... We are expecting something else to show up!!! Can anybody give a bit of peace of mind? Nerve racking. Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 16th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 15,229 Posts
    • 7,700 Thanks
    ACG
    • 16th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    Some lenders are fussier than others.
    My stance is that is that I would rather lenders ask 100 questions and offer the mortgage than no questions and decline the application. I think you will be fine.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,072Users online

Martin's Twitter