Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 16th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Callumatwal
    Parking charge while making multiple deliveries to flats on a private road
    • 16th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    Parking charge while making multiple deliveries to flats on a private road 16th Jul 17 at 2:19 PM
    Hi there,

I've recieved a letter from Parking Control Management UK (PCM) for parking in a bay for too long. The maximum time permitted was 20 minutes and I took around 25/30.

I work as a delivery partner for Amazon Logistics and was making a series of deliveries to a new build of flats.

To make these deliveries, I use my own personal car so it doesn't appear that i am a courier. I should also point out there is quite literally no where else to park/load from around the building since it's right next to a train station. Parking on the double yellows by the entrance would have blocked other cars and buses from the adjacent road.

The charge is of £60. I was wondering whether I have a genuine case here?

I've also mistakenly already sent an appeal without first checking out the threads on here. Is it worth me sending another appeal with the IPC format appeal letter?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 16th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Callumatwal
    • 16th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    Here's the letter

i.imgur.com/6VpRna6.jpg

Also would just like to add, I saw the guy there taking photos. I went up to him and specifically told him what I was doing. He said yeah just wait in the white bays so I pulled up and parked. At this point I wasn't aware it was a maximum 20 minutes limit. Was in a rush to get the deliveries done.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Jul 17, 3:32 PM
    • 7,287 Posts
    • 7,438 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 16th Jul 17, 3:32 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 3:32 PM
    contact amazon (your employer) and tell them no further deliveries to that location
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    • 14,484 Posts
    • 22,775 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    https://m.imgur.com/6VpRna6

The NtK states 'Parking having exceeded the time limit', yet I can't see any 'period of parking' (from/to) to back that up.

What exactly did you say in your appeal?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jul 17, 6:43 PM
    • 49,940 Posts
    • 63,345 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:43 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:43 PM
    I was wondering whether I have a genuine case here?
    Yes you do, and a case from a year ago supports you (Jopson v Homeguard). When PCM start a small claim using Gladstones, who also run the IPC, you will be able to defend this with our help.

DO NOT PAY FOR AN EASY LIFE - NO!

I've also mistakenly already sent an appeal without first checking out the threads on here. Is it worth me sending another appeal with the IPC format appeal letter?
    Nope, makes no difference, PCM do not allow any appeals so leave it as the one you sent.

This is PCM's calibre, one of the lowest knuckle-dragging ex-clamper firms you could hope to be dealing with and not worthy of your money:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02sh3sr

Not good having them infesting any car parks where you deliver. I agree:
    contact amazon (your employer) and tell them no further deliveries to that location
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 17th Jul 17, 1:55 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Callumatwal
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:55 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:55 AM
    If I go on to the website, they have more pictures of my car with timestamps which show 30mins
    • Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 17th Jul 17, 2:00 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Callumatwal
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:00 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:00 AM
    Yes you do, and a case from a year ago supports you (Jopson v Homeguard). When PCM start a small claim using Gladstones, who also run the IPC, you will be able to defend this with our help.

DO NOT PAY FOR AN EASY LIFE - NO!

Nope, makes no difference, PCM do not allow any appeals so leave it as the one you sent.

This is PCM's calibre, one of the lowest knuckle-dragging ex-clamper firms you could hope to be dealing with and not worthy of your money:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02sh3sr

Not good having them infesting any car parks where you deliver. I agree:
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Thanks for this.
    In the appeal I sent, I more or less said what I've put in the OP. Explained that the guy said it would be fine to park there with no mention of the time limit and that I was making several deliveries to the building. Also explained how the other bit of the road was strictly No Loading.

I'll wait and see how that gets on. So the advice here is to sit back and wait?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 7:05 PM
    • 49,940 Posts
    • 63,345 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:05 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:05 PM
    Yes if you've already appealed, ignore the IAS ''offer''!

Complain to the site managing agent (tell them you were delivering to more than one flat) and tell Amazon the location is a no-go area for any delivery driver, due to a predatory ex-clamper infesting it.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 19th Jul 17, 12:11 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Callumatwal
    • 19th Jul 17, 12:11 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 12:11 AM
    Got a response from them in the post today.

i.imgur.com/ZMypTkX.jpg

Do I start an appeal through the IAS?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 12:17 AM
    • 49,940 Posts
    • 63,345 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Did you even read my post above yours?

• Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 19th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Callumatwal
    Whoops my bad! It was late when I wrote that reply.

The annoying thing is, I can't find a number or email anywhere for the landlord of the flats (it's a private set of luxury apartments as it's ready for next to a train station which goes to Paddington/Heathrow)

I think it might be worth going over there physically and asking someone (parking elsewhere this time)

Out of curiosity, why is the IAS route a bad one?

Thanks for everyone's help on here
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 19th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 7,287 Posts
    • 7,438 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Out of curiosity, why is the IAS route a bad one?

clue:

clue 1:who owns / runs the IPC

clue 2: who owns/runs gladstones solisitors

clue 3: google forum search gladstones solicitors

basicly anything you state in an appeal will be used against you at a later date by gawlstones in court
    • Callumatwal
    • By Callumatwal 22nd Jul 17, 12:24 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Callumatwal
    So will PCM actually take me to court?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jul 17, 12:29 AM
    • 49,940 Posts
    • 63,345 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes - probably - but they muck them up and you can learn loads and make a real difference and fight back. Why not read all the successes by searching the forum.

One person reported, when she had won in court (took just 5 or 10 minutes) ''It was Ace''!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

114Posts Today

1,942Users online

Martin's Twitter