Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dmo84
    • By dmo84 16th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 3Thanks
    dmo84
    UKPC -Driver Parked in a retail carpark space which thought was a space
    • 16th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    UKPC -Driver Parked in a retail carpark space which thought was a space 16th Jul 17 at 1:34 PM
    Hi all,

Wondering if you could help, I know someone that had a ticket from UKPC

the driver recently parked for a few minutes at a retail park, in a space which I believed was a parking space,
    there is defined colored brickwork around the bay which defines a zone, perfect size for a car. and on the opposite side too as another car had clearly done the same thing, the driver didnt realize it was not.

It was an honest did not see this as when parking the driver was parking guess as they were drawn to the outline, not noticing the other bays.

they was in the shop for around a minute or two before they could see the parking attendant at
    the car so they rushed out and apologized and explained It was an honest mistake incorrectly identifying it as a parking space because of the surroundings and markings, it looked like somewhere they could park, if they had known it was a non-parking space they would have not parked there.

He said the ticket had already been issues so there is nothing he could do. this was all in the space of a few minutes of arriving and going in to the shop for 1 min.

they have already sent an appeal with a picture but it states we will get back to you within 35 days

they dont want to be paying this as they feel its unfair that there was a zone defined which legitimatly looked like a space.
    Last edited by dmo84; 17-07-2017 at 8:47 AM.
Page 4
    • dmo84
    • By dmo84 13th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dmo84
    To be honest I would rather not have to go down court route, its too much hassle, may aswel just pay the £100, iv got enough problems at the moment and dont really have time to sort out going through court...
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    How do you KNOW they will issue court papers?
    You could at least wait.
    • dmo84
    • By dmo84 13th Sep 17, 9:50 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dmo84
    I dont really know what to do now as I have never been through this,

I dont want any bad markings on my name especially if it comes down to credit reports, or court injunctions (if thats how it works for not paying a fine.

I dont have the time unfortunatly to take things to court, but at the same time I dont want to ignore just incase something worse happens?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 14,544 Posts
    • 22,891 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I dont want any bad markings on my name especially if it comes down to credit reports, or court injunctions (if thats how it works for not paying a fine
    Oh, FFS, this is a petty dispute, not some big financial scandal you're involved in. I can't be typing out any more times the unreality of your concerns. Please do some forum searches on posts which include the terms 'credit ratings', 'credit trashing', 'unsatisfied CCJs' to assuage your fears.

Court injunctions. Oh jeez, you're watching far too much telly!

And it isn't a 'fine'!

I dont have the time unfortunatly to take things to court, but at the same time I dont want to ignore just incase something worse happens?
    Like what? Deportation? Execution? Flogging?

Get a grip!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 14th Sep 17, 10:23 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    I dont really know what to do now as I have never been through this,

I dont want any bad markings on my name especially if it comes down to credit reports, or court injunctions (if thats how it works for not paying a fine.

Originally posted by dmo84
    Oh for....

CCJ. The J is for "judgement". As in , they have to raise a claim AND you fail to defend or lose a defended hearing AND you dont pay within 1 month and only THEN does anything hit your credit file. Injunctions? Youre having a laugh, yes?

Seriously, stop panicking. Read, read, READ other threads on the topic first.

If you pay up youre supporting a scam parasite of a company who deliberately fake evidence to support themselves.
    • dmo84
    • By dmo84 14th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dmo84
    So basically wait until I hear any further correspondence weather it be via post, or email. If I wait it out. As before they said they had sent me letters, I had never received any physical letters, only corrispondance I had was via the POPLA email's.
    Last edited by dmo84; 14-09-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    • dmo84
    • By dmo84 20th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dmo84
    Received a letter from UKPC

We are writing in relation to the above parking charge which you chose to appeal blah blah

POPLA have declined blah blah

As such, payment of £100 should be paid to UK Parking Control LTD within 28 days of this letter

It goes on about failure to pay full amount will result in payment being increased to £160, then debt recovery, court fee's etc

I am probably going to pay at this point as I dont want it to go any further and I dont want the hassle of increased costs.

Unless anyone has any reason otherwise? I dont really want to end up having to pay any higher costs. and I dont want it to get to debt recovery
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 20th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Received a letter from UKPC

We are writing in relation to the above parking charge which you chose to appeal blah blah

POPLA have declined blah blah

As such, payment of £100 should be paid to UK Parking Control LTD within 28 days of this letter

It goes on about failure to pay full amount will result in payment being increased to £160, then debt recovery, court fee's etc

I am probably going to pay at this point as I dont want it to go any further and I dont want the hassle of increased costs.

Unless anyone has any reason otherwise? I dont really want to end up having to pay any higher costs. and I dont want it to get to debt recovery
    It can't go to any legitimate debt recovery unless you (a) lose in court and (b) don't then pay.

Court won't be any more than what they are trying to charge and would probably be less, and they would have to win.

From where you are now, you would be an absolute fool to pay under the current threat.

But it's YOUR money or should I say, if you pay, THEIR money.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Its no hassle unless you cant afford it
    Its ignoring toothless letters from wastes of air, and POTENTIALLY a claim down the line.
    • dmo84
    • By dmo84 20th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dmo84
    Problem is I really cant be bothered with the court route, which is going to cost money anyway surely? with an uncertain outcome which could lead me to be paying more..

I am going through a lot personally at the moment in terms of living situation, so I really cant be doing with another long battle with something..
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 1,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    Problem is I really cant be bothered with the court route, which is going to cost money anyway surely? with an uncertain outcome which could lead me to be paying more..

I am going through a lot personally at the moment in terms of living situation, so I really cant be doing with another long battle with something..
    Your choice.

You have already been told that it won't cost you more - even if you lose a court case.

You really do not need to convince anyone here that your choice is the right choice.

If you want to continue the fight, then continue posting, but if you want to give in and pay, for whatever reason, just stop posting on this thread and let it die.

Remember, a court case is not even a certainty.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 5,958 Posts
    • 7,676 Thanks
    beamerguy

Ah well, the scammers thrive on peeps like you giving
    into scare tactics, your choice, your money
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Sep 17, 1:15 AM
    • 50,050 Posts
    • 63,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Oh, FFS, this is a petty dispute, not some big financial scandal you're involved in. I can't be typing out any more times the unreality of your concerns. Please do some forum searches on posts which include the terms 'credit ratings', 'credit trashing', 'unsatisfied CCJs' to assuage your fears.

Court injunctions. Oh jeez, you're watching far too much telly!

And it isn't a 'fine'!

Like what? Deportation? Execution? Flogging?

Get a grip!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    This!

I really cant be bothered with the court route, which is going to cost money anyway surely?
    Why do you think it costs the defendant more money?

You seem to assume that every case goes that way, most do not go further than some random threatogram letters - and if it does, we win over 99% of defended cases here.

You would be supporting the scam if you pay. Not something any of us are happy about.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,846Posts Today

6,494Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin