Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jpa
    • By jpa 16th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jpa
    0 WOW
    Cash Withdrawals in Asia
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    0 WOW
    Cash Withdrawals in Asia 16th Jul 17 at 11:27 AM
    Looking for suggestions for the cheapest way to withdraw cash while travelling in Asia (Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore). On a 2 month travel and don't want to carry loads of cash around, but will want to make regular withdrawals in local currency.

Anyone with any suggestions which may keep cash withdrawal charges to a minimum, I'd greatly appreciate any help.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 31,620 Posts
    • 37,300 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    Normal answers , Halifax clarity card or the creation everyday card. Free ATM withdrawal , just log on asap and clear the balance
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 16th Jul 17, 11:57 AM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 1,207 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:57 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:57 AM
    ATM withdrawals in Thailand using a foreign card cost ~£5, so withdraw the maximum at a time, try to use your card to withdraw 'over the counter' in a bank, or take cash pounds to exchange. Avoid bank exchange booths in the airport on arrival, go downstairs to the rail link terminal and use SuperRich Exchange etc.
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 16th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 5,836 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    I'm a creature of habit, and until it breaks I won't try and mend it.....so it's cash all the way for me, with a debit card back-up.

I wear a lightweight cotton gilet all the time. Loads of different size velcro pockets, and 5 zipped pockets including 3 perfect size zip pockets inside the gilet.....never yet felt threatened.

Always use £50 notes in excellent conition, no tears and no pen marks on them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,630Posts Today

8,840Users online

Martin's Twitter