Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 7,294Posts
    • 7,449Thanks
    pappa golf
    Fight the French
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Fight the French 16th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    this thread now edited to remove original (stupid) fund crowding request to fund payment of fines , therefore most of the replies now make no sense !

EDIT : a further crowd funding page has now been set up , this time to raise funds for an appeal

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nhsvindigo

I agree and will be assisting in this
    Last edited by pappa golf; 16-07-2017 at 6:48 PM.
Page 2
    • Cygnus Alpha
    • By Cygnus Alpha 16th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    Cygnus Alpha
    Just added my donation for the appeal.

Is there an address for the hospital trust board we can write to, to make our feelings known?

It would help if people in the Cardiff area wrote to them.
    • 1505grandad
    • By 1505grandad 16th Jul 17, 7:09 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    1505grandad
    As above - terrible situation.
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 16th Jul 17, 7:50 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    Thanks for the link I don't have much money but I have contributed a fiver. Something about this whole case feels "off" like we have not been told the full story. Surely the Lay Rep's indemnity insurance should cover the £12000 costs? Who was the Lay Rep and how has such a huge amount of costs been levied in a County Court hearing? It's more in line with what you would expect under Scots law as opposed to E & W.
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. The Daily Mail, whatever you think of it, consistently highlights parking cases and invariably is on the side of the motorist. Just look back through this forum.

The real problem at many older hospitals is that simply there is not sufficient parking space. Any hospital in a major town or city will, inevitably, have expanded with more building and there is just not sufficient space on their premises to encompass all of the motor cars that want to use the facilities, either as staff, visitors or patients. And often all the land around is already built on by housing or commercial premises.

Now how you magic additional space is beyond me. Out of town new hospitals could be the solution, but at what price. They could be more creative with turning every bit of land in existing hospitals into car parking - more multi storeys etc.

Certainly PPCs are not the answer - at least not the way things currently work.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    I meant the comment sections on the DM website, the newspaper itself is certainly very on side!
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 16th Jul 17, 7:53 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    The media with the facts on the case : http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/more-70-doctors-nurses-taken-13338896#ICID=FB-Wales-main
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Jul 17, 7:54 PM
    • 5,973 Posts
    • 7,690 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just added my donation for the appeal.

Is there an address for the hospital trust board we can write to, to make our feelings known?

It would help if people in the Cardiff area wrote to them.
    Originally posted by Cygnus Alpha
    Nice but they will ignore. If you have an NHS Trust who is that
    ignorant, vindictive and stupid towards their staff, it will be water
    off a ducks back.

10,000 permits issued for some 1000 spaces seems to me a scam and bordering on a ponzi scheme
    Such schemes promise something that does not exist

My curious mind wonders about the financial arrangement on this
    Last edited by beamerguy; 16-07-2017 at 8:03 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 16th Jul 17, 9:30 PM
    • 10,197 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    I meant the comment sections on the DM website, the newspaper itself is certainly very on side!
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    ^^^^^^^
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jul 17, 10:23 PM
    • 14,607 Posts
    • 22,970 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    In anticipation of any potential appeal, does anyone recall a POPLA case that went in favour of a staff member similarly ticketed by Indigo at this hospital?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jul 17, 10:33 PM
    • 50,142 Posts
    • 63,507 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I believe Indigo were hardly ever giving out POPLA codes.

I think Sue Prior said as much, some staff tried to appeal and got no reply.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jul 17, 10:35 PM
    • 14,607 Posts
    • 22,970 Thanks
    Umkomaas

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Speaks volumes, I guess.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 7,449 Thanks
    pappa golf

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    “It is disappointing that a few people have chosen to refuse to co-operate with the contractors Indigo Parking Services UK and have chosen to pursue this through the courts."

umm , co operate? ask for POPLa code and be denied indipendent appeal , ZZPS were tasked with back office work , due to the low figure (££) of each initial claim it would have been finacial suicide to issue POPLa codes for indigo , so they did,nt , , that in itself along with the method of accessing the DVLA (trust account) , when the hospotal clearly state , "we lease it , all parking is between yourself and indigo , , pass the hand soap please" , are a farce ,

that spokesperson from the hospital would be brave to walk thu it on monday morning .
    Last edited by pappa golf; 16-07-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    • 50,142 Posts
    • 63,507 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    http://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk/contact-us-page

Contact the UHB
    Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (UHB) welcomes your comments and we are always pleased to hear from you. You can contact us in a variety of ways.

By Post
    Cardiff and Vale UHB Headquarters
    University Hospital of Wales (UHW)
    Heath Park
    Cardiff
    CF14 4XW

By Phone
    Tel: 029 2074 7747
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Jul 17, 10:54 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 7,449 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I edited my post and added substantially to it (above)
    • Cygnus Alpha
    • By Cygnus Alpha 16th Jul 17, 11:11 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    Cygnus Alpha
    http://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk/news/41562

Do the health board actually understand what they have agreed to?

This link describes them allowing Indigo to 'prosecute' those who don't pay their 'fines'.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Jul 17, 11:19 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 7,449 Thanks
    pappa golf
    "a new appeals panel, managed between the health board and Indigo, will be set up to assess PCN appeals. Any appeals will be assessed against strict criteria where evidence will be required"

is this strictly within the guidelines of BPA and kadoe?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    • 5,973 Posts
    • 7,690 Thanks
    beamerguy
    "a new appeals panel, managed between the health board and Indigo, will be set up to assess PCN appeals. Any appeals will be assessed against strict criteria where evidence will be required"

is this strictly within the guidelines of BPA and kadoe?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    No different to the Gladstones / IPC / IAS scam

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Jul 17, 11:33 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 7,449 Thanks
    pappa golf
    No different to the Gladstones / IPC / IAS scam
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    the IPC is recognised by the UK goverment as being one of the 2 independent appeal services for parking (in england and wales) , a health authority has not got authorisation to do this

and before you start about wing and the counsil appeals , YES but the land is not relivent land

the crux of the matter is that indigo,s back office (zzps) did not hand out POPLa codes when appeals were made ,
    • Elysander
    • By Elysander 16th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    Elysander
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4031777/doctors-and-nurses-at-nhs-hospital-face-having-to-sell-their-homes-after-court-orders-them-to-pay-12-8m-in-fines-for-parking-at-work/
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Jul 17, 8:55 AM
    • 5,973 Posts
    • 7,690 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It's gone National

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4702178/Nurses-pay-150-000-parking-fines.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4031777/doctors-and-nurses-at-nhs-hospital-face-having-to-sell-their-homes-after-court-orders-them-to-pay-12-8m-in-fines-for-parking-at-work/

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Jul 17, 8:58 AM
    • 7,007 Posts
    • 6,079 Thanks
    The Deep
    A gloriously over the top piece in the DM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

If this does not stir up some righteous indignation I do not know what will.

Having read PP's blog, it does seem that some of the Judge's findings are questionable, especially the failure of the appeal system and the ramping up of charges.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 17th Jul 17, 9:23 AM
    • 5,660 Posts
    • 5,113 Thanks
    Herzlos
    I haven't been following this that closely, but a few thought hit me.

2/7ths of £48k is a little over £12k, but nowhere near the £26k awarded.

Has the nursing union been involved at any stage? Isn't this the sort of thing nurses are paying union fees for, and shouldn't they be able to provide some leverage to the hospital as well as providing legal assistance?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,666Posts Today

8,562Users online

Martin's Twitter