Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • John Pagano
    • By John Pagano 16th Jul 17, 10:17 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    John Pagano
    Renting with satisfied CCJ
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:17 AM
    Renting with satisfied CCJ 16th Jul 17 at 10:17 AM
    My wife and I are looking to move to Norfolk but are struggling to find somewhere as I have a CCJ and my wife's income alone isn't enough to afford somewhere. If I pay off the CCJ and get it shown as satisfied will my income then count towards affordability?
Page 1
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 16th Jul 17, 10:30 AM
    • 442 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    sheff6107
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:30 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:30 AM
    There are no hard and fast rules - a landlord can rent out to a bankrupt if he chooses.
    An unsatisfied CCJ looks worse than a satisfied one. It has nothing to do with income. An unsatisfied one will just attract the obvious question of why haven't you paid it.

To rent you would show the letting agent both your incomes and be honest upfront that you have one satisfied CCJ. They'll either work with you or tell you to jog on. You just need to avoid paying fees only to be told you've failed a credit check, so be upfront.
    • John Pagano
    • By John Pagano 16th Jul 17, 10:40 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John Pagano
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:40 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:40 AM
    We've been upfront with the agent. My wife's income on its own isn't enough to find somewhere suitable. There are options (guarantor or 6 months up front), wondered if getting the CCJ paid and shown as satisfied would mean my income would also be considered
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 16th Jul 17, 1:14 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    sheff6107
    • 16th Jul 17, 1:14 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 1:14 PM
    A joint tenancy taking both incomes into account, like a mortgage, is the norm?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

377Posts Today

2,840Users online

Martin's Twitter