Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trooper147
    • By trooper147 16th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    trooper147
    Paint laminate kitchen cupboards, mixing service for paint?
    • 16th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    Paint laminate kitchen cupboards, mixing service for paint? 16th Jul 17 at 8:18 AM
    Hi all

I'm looking at painting a new kitchen cupboard to match my existing cupboards.

It's a new laminate kitchen cupboard from b&q, it's white and the rest of my kitchen is off white.

I've been into B&Q and the lady pointed me to the v33 paints which are for this but they come in set colours. She said theat B&Q can't do the mixing service for paint to paint laminate.

I said, can I not get a laminate primer then use the paint they mix up using their service, she said it may not stick.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Page 1
    • Tantan18
    • By Tantan18 16th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tantan18
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    I have painted a laminated chest of drawers before and I just used primer and then the colour mix service on a regular paint. This wasn't in a B&Q though. I'd do the same again as it turned out really well.
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 16th Jul 17, 10:23 AM
    • 567 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:23 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:23 AM
    I have used ordinary paint after using a laminate primer and it looked fine. I rubbed the very shiny laminate with wet and dry before applying the primer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,029Posts Today

8,067Users online

Martin's Twitter