Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gary13th
    • By Gary13th 16th Jul 17, 1:25 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gary13th
    Unhappy with eon!
    • 16th Jul 17, 1:25 AM
    Unhappy with eon! 16th Jul 17 at 1:25 AM
    Ok so I've been with eon a while now. I have storage heaters and have a dual rate day night rate on their Eon energy plan and electrical heating rht rate. I had a letter today saying that they are "closing my tariff, they are moving me on to Eon energy plan" which doesn't have a day night rate, if I stay on the tarrif then they have to fit a smart meter. Needs to be done by end of august.

Firstly the type of letter I've received... seems pretty thoughtless. I mean the way it reads could have firstly been written better with a bit more notice. It's the summer and im going away next week and I now have to research rates. It also seems like they want to force me onto another rate that will be more expensive. Or force me onto a smart meter.

Forcing people off of a rate is one thing but the way you do it (e.g. This smacks of lack of customer service and "who cares about the customer?"). I notice eon reps sometimes post on here. I would say that you really should think about the wording of letters sent out, no details of good alternatives enclosed in said letter, and have an ounce of customer service.
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 16th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,333 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    Ok so I've been with eon a while now. I have storage heaters and have a dual rate day night rate on their Eon energy plan and electrical heating rht rate. I had a letter today saying that they are "closing my tariff, they are moving me on to Eon energy plan" which doesn't have a day night rate, if I stay on the tarrif then they have to fit a smart meter. Needs to be done by end of august.

Firstly the type of letter I've received... seems pretty thoughtless. I mean the way it reads could have firstly been written better with a bit more notice. It's the summer and im going away next week and I now have to research rates. It also seems like they want to force me onto another rate that will be more expensive. Or force me onto a smart meter.

Forcing people off of a rate is one thing but the way you do it (e.g. This smacks of lack of customer service and "who cares about the customer?"). I notice eon reps sometimes post on here. I would say that you really should think about the wording of letters sent out, no details of good alternatives enclosed in said letter, and have an ounce of customer service.
    Originally posted by Gary13th
    So you've presumably read all about this change posted by aforementioned reps that will affect some of their legacy tariff customers, what it involves, and why it is occurring.

Good luck!
    • Gary13th
    • By Gary13th 16th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gary13th
    • 16th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    No as I've only scoured the first few pages.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:35 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 8:35 AM
    Good morning Gary13th and welcome to the forums.

Thank you footyguy

I'll pop the links on for you to save you a bit of time, it also applies to RHT meters as these come under complex meters also.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...3&postcount=10

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...32&postcount=8

The best thing to do is to have a word with the simpler metering team and they can talk through what would be best for you.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th Jul 17, 10:45 AM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,333 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:45 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:45 AM
    ^^^

Linkys not working

But I believe these are the ones you intended to post
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72728713&postcount=10

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72728232&postcount=8

(Do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong )
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    ^^^

Linkys not working

But I believe these are the ones you intended to post
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72728713&postcount=10

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72728232&postcount=8

(Do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong )
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Oh thank you and sorry

I'm having a few computer issues today.

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Gary13th
    • By Gary13th 20th Jul 17, 1:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gary13th
    • 20th Jul 17, 1:41 PM
    • 20th Jul 17, 1:41 PM
    Thanks, I just wish you wouldnt send blunt letters....
    • 20th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 20th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    Thanks, I just wish you wouldnt send blunt letters....
    Originally posted by Gary13th
    Afternoon Gary13th,

I understand and I'm sorry it's come across in such a way.

It's certainly something I can pass back though.

Helena
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

180Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin