Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JiyuuA7X
    • By JiyuuA7X 15th Jul 17, 7:40 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    JiyuuA7X
    Conflicting results from 'Turn2us' and 'entitledto' calculators.
    • 15th Jul 17, 7:40 PM
    Conflicting results from 'Turn2us' and 'entitledto' calculators. 15th Jul 17 at 7:40 PM
    Hello,

I will start claiming PIP soon and I am trying to find out if it will affect my Universal Credit payment at all. When I enter my details on 'Turn2Us' it shows my payment as being the same, but when I enter them on 'entitledto' it shows my payment as increasing. Does anyone know which website is actually correct?

thanks,
    David
Page 1
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 15th Jul 17, 8:18 PM
    • 12,145 Posts
    • 17,985 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:18 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:18 PM
    as far as i know, there are no disability premiums paid with UC ( unlike income support, income related JSA, income related ESA and pension credit)
    if this is the case then the UC amount wouldn't change
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Jul 17, 7:28 AM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,189 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 16th Jul 17, 7:28 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 7:28 AM
    as far as i know, there are no disability premiums paid with UC ( unlike income support, income related JSA, income related ESA and pension credit)
    if this is the case then the UC amount wouldn't change
    Originally posted by nannytone
    You are correct, there's no disability premiums paid with UC.
    • JiyuuA7X
    • By JiyuuA7X 16th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JiyuuA7X
    • 16th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    I see. Thank You. In that case I plan to close down my Universal Credit claim and make a claim for Job Seekers. I believe this should be possible because I do not live in a full service area at the moment.
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 16th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 12,145 Posts
    • 17,985 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 16th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    you would only be allowed to make a new claim for contributions based JSA and if you were entitled to that, you wouldn't have been put on UC in the first place.

you could try a claim for income related ESA though, as not all area have changed from ESA yet.

you would need a fit note from your doctor and would need to have a medical assessment
    [t/B]
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 16th Jul 17, 6:00 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:00 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 6:00 PM
    Timing can be important when closing a UC claim.

Do check this out, but I think the best time to close the claim (because it is monthly) is just at the start of a new assessment period. The intention being that you get the last monthly payment, and don't close it just before the end of an assessment period (which will cause you to lose that payment).
    Get it wrong and you could be 3 or 4 weeks without benefit (because UC is a monthly payment, not apportioned weekly).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,154Posts Today

8,498Users online

Martin's Twitter