Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ANNA
    • By ANNA 15th Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    • 149Posts
    • 21Thanks
    ANNA
    eBay GSP - Which continents/countries do you exclude?
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    eBay GSP - Which continents/countries do you exclude? 15th Jul 17 at 4:57 PM
    Just wondering, especially the regular eBay sellers selling overseas, which continents or countries do you exclude?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 58,864 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    Just wondering, especially the regular eBay sellers selling overseas, which continents or countries do you exclude?
    Originally posted by ANNA
    For GSP I don't exclude any as I don't need to worry about INR claims. I've just sold something to Italy this week (although they haven't paid yet) and Italy is a country I wouldn't normally send to.

I'm actually getting a lot of GSP orders now, al over the world, when I get an order I always check the feedback page to see where it is going to end up.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ANNA
    • By ANNA 15th Jul 17, 5:17 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    ANNA
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:17 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:17 PM
    I have some small and lightweight items to sell, so I'm going to give GSP a try.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 58,864 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    I have some small and lightweight items to sell, so I'm going to give GSP a try.
    I tend to keep GSP for bulkier items due to costs for the buyer, most of my smaller items tend to go Internationally with my own airmail post. If posting things myself I do block Italy , Africa and a few other selected countries.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ANNA
    • By ANNA 15th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    ANNA
    • 15th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    Is that Airmail tracked or are they under £20?

I am selling off my old postcards collection, listing them singly.
    Last edited by ANNA; 15-07-2017 at 7:37 PM.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jul 17, 8:53 PM
    • 58,864 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:53 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:53 PM
    Is that Airmail tracked or are they under £20?

I am selling off my old postcards collection, listing them singly.
    Anything under £20 goes standard mail for me, both in the UK and overseas.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ANNA
    • By ANNA 16th Jul 17, 12:43 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    ANNA
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:43 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:43 AM
    I have this list under "Exclude postage locations" which appear on every draft listing and I'm sure it wasn't me who populated this list:

Excluded locations:
    Africa, Central America and Caribbean, South America, Ukraine, Russian Federation, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Maldives, Georgia, Armenia, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, India, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Azerbaijan Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, China, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Brunei Darussalam, Taiwan, Guam, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Niue, Palau, Fiji, French Polynesia, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Western Samoa, Nauru, New Caledonia, Kiribati, American Samoa, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Mexico
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 58,864 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    I have this list under "Exclude postage locations" which appear on every draft listing and I'm sure it wasn't me who populated this list:

Excluded locations:
    Africa, Central America and Caribbean, South America, Ukraine, Russian Federation, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Maldives, Georgia, Armenia, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, India, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Azerbaijan Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, China, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Brunei Darussalam, Taiwan, Guam, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Niue, Palau, Fiji, French Polynesia, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Western Samoa, Nauru, New Caledonia, Kiribati, American Samoa, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Mexico
    It was populated from your seller preferences so you've done something at some point. The default, as many have found to their cost, is for eBay to allow anyone to bid.

You can amend where you want to post by going back into seller preferences , that shows regions/continents and if you want to allow some countries and disallow others within a region you can click to,open a list of all the countries within the continent.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ANNA
    • By ANNA 16th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    ANNA
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    I must have done it a while ago, as I can't recall it.

But it seems like a sensible list to me, except perhaps I would now allow Israel and Singapore....

What about nouveau riche buyers in Russa? Am I missing out on buyers there?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 58,864 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    I must have done it a while ago, as I can't recall it.

But it seems like a sensible list to me, except perhaps I would now allow Israel and Singapore....

What about nouveau riche buyers in Russa? Am I missing out on buyers there?
    I have blocked Russia as they have custom issues and if stuff does get through it takes ages, and INR cases are opened and lost while waiting for customs to clear items. RUssia is also one of the only countries that eBay place warnings about due to this well known customs issue.

I have sold to Russia recently but only through the GSP system as all I need to do is get it to the eBay hub.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,834Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin