Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 15th Jul 17, 4:47 PM
    • 11,201Posts
    • 14,717Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Praise! Mobile Phones Repairs Coventry
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:47 PM
    Praise! Mobile Phones Repairs Coventry 15th Jul 17 at 4:47 PM
    I thought I'd post a Praise for once on this board.

Background: On Friday morning I dropped my phone and it landed on its screen and the glass cracked.

I went on the internet to find somewhere who could repair it and got in touch with a company called Mobile Phones Repairs Coventry.

I dropped them an email via their website detailing what the problem was and asking them for the cost and turnaround.

Within 10 minutes I had a reply with that information, so I agreed to drop my phone off today when they opened at 10:30.

I picked up my phone just after 1 pm and they've done a really good job on it - you wouldn't know it's not got the original screen on it.

The job cost me £65 - that was for supplying the new screen (which they had in stock) and labour for fitting it.

I did originally say it was a 1st Gen Moto G, so the original quote was for £55, but they told me it's a 2nd Gen so the actual cost was a little more.

Either way, I've got a new screen and my phone's fully usable.

Also praise to Corning for the Gorilla Glass because when it cracked it was like safety glass in a windscreen.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
Page 1
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 15th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 7,879 Posts
    • 13,300 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    • 15th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    You got a good result. Some phones are much more easily and quickly fixed than others.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 15th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    • 11,201 Posts
    • 14,717 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    They're also one of the few places I found with my Google-Fu that list being able to fix Motorola phones - most of the other places primarily list Apple, Samsung, LG and Sony (for example).
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • MrJones1
    • By MrJones1 16th Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    MrJones1
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    Great that you got a good result.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,693Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin