Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • browsing
    • By browsing 15th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    browsing
    NI PCN parking eye ltd, can you still ignore?
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    NI PCN parking eye ltd, can you still ignore? 15th Jul 17 at 3:06 PM
    mum and dad visited Omagh, NI and parked in a car park where you have to type your registration into the module and pay (no sticker on the window). this was a Sunday and as any ordinary person would imagine, parking almost everywhere on a Sunday is free therefore they didn't pay, just assumed no payment was necessary

PCN was ignored and now they have debt management plus or whatever they are called threatening court action and the only thing they have to support their claim of success is that in 2013, Mr bervais (England) or whoever lost in court against parking eye ltd because he parked in a free parking zone beyond the 2 hour limit on a weekday.

the case is relatively different but do they still have a leg to stand on after the success of this similar court case?

i've read the newbie thread but it may be somewhat out of date on this occasion. thanks in advance
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    The newbies thread not out of date, and if in NI you can ignore, debt collectors are also Muppets you can ignore.
    • browsing
    • By browsing 15th Jul 17, 4:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    browsing
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:58 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:58 PM
    Thanks! All I needed to hear. If anyone has something that proves otherwise please let me know.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    Never ever assume anything with parking firms, they are unregulated scammers.

Beavis was a different scenario anyway, never speak to anyone over the phone about a parking event, and never, especially in NI, divulge the driver.

Parking Eye who are the most court hungry PPC in the UK know they are on to a looser that's why they are trying the bully boy debt collection route.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jul 17, 5:16 PM
    • 15,495 Posts
    • 24,205 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:16 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:16 PM
    The newbies sticky was created in 2013, but is bang up to date. You can check this out by looking at the 'Last edited by Coupon-mad on xx/xx/xxx' shown at the foot of each post (section).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 15th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    • 10,201 Posts
    • 9,345 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    Any PPC can decide to take you to court. They can only apply POFA in England but if they choose to pursue you in the Ulster court, then they can do so.
    • browsing
    • By browsing 15th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    browsing
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    So providing they don't know the driver nothing can happen anyway? And I'm sure I don't have to name the driver legally? Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 33,247 Posts
    • 17,188 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    No - not exactly.

But as long as they never find out who was driving they can never win!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    • 51,502 Posts
    • 65,111 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    So providing they don't know the driver nothing can happen anyway? And I'm sure I don't have to name the driver legally? Thanks
    Originally posted by browsing
    This is covered in the NEWBIES thread. You do not have to name the driver and in NI nothing will happen, you are lucky.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,387Posts Today

8,404Users online

Martin's Twitter