Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dereckerick
    • By dereckerick 15th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dereckerick
    Ashford Parking fine
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    Ashford Parking fine 15th Jul 17 at 1:57 PM
    I have just received a PCN from LPS Ltd.
    The vehicle stayed for 15 mins, at the car park entrance it said free for Tesco customers.

It is now apparent that the car park is split into 2, with the second area liable to parking charges. Looking at google maps, there is a small sign at the point where the carpark becomes another carpark

The letter is addressed to me, the registered keeper and has anpr pictures of my vehicle. They have stated that they obtained my details from DVLA.

They also state Section 4 POFA they will recover the fee from the registered keeper.

Having looked at the letters on the forum and they all seem to state LPS not getting my details, but they have already.

Whats best to do?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by dereckerick; 15-07-2017 at 2:09 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    • 39,599 Posts
    • 79,201 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    It is not a fine.

Please edit your post to remove information about who stayed. Only ever refer to The Driver or The Keeper who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

Please confirm the name of the parking company as many have similar initials.

Once you have done that, send the relevant template letter from the NEWBIES. This will depend on whether the parking scammers are BPA or IPC members.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 15-07-2017 at 2:04 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • dereckerick
    • By dereckerick 15th Jul 17, 2:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereckerick
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:10 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:10 PM
    Local Parking Security LTD
    • dereckerick
    • By dereckerick 15th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereckerick
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    The letter in the newbies section says if they obtain the keepers data, they already have.

I dont quite get if it is legal obligation to transfer liability from the registered keeper to the driver, how can the keeper not be liable for the payment
    • dereckerick
    • By dereckerick 15th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereckerick
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:53 PM
    sent letter, lets wait and see, thanks for the help
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 15th Jul 17, 4:34 PM
    • 1,349 Posts
    • 2,517 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:34 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 4:34 PM
    Pics of the layout, signs and split is necessary if this goes to court. If you were confused, you have to show how the confusion arose rather than just claiming it.

Just the way the courts work.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 48,043 Posts
    • 61,497 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    The letter in the newbies section says if they obtain the keepers data, they already have.
    Originally posted by dereckerick
    So what? Loads of PCNs arrive by post, the template is one-size-fits-all. It says 'should you obtain'' (which can mean just as validly ''if you have obtained''). But why do people not understand the wording? Who honestly cares, what is the problem? Remove or edit that paragraph then if you don't understand why it is there.

How does it matter, honestly. The wording is there to get a POPLA code and to pave the way for a DPA claim if suitable, later.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-07-2017 at 7:31 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,156Posts Today

8,228Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin