Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AJ16
    • By AJ16 15th Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 80Posts
    • 31Thanks
    AJ16
    Met PCN- late demand for £100
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    Met PCN- late demand for £100 15th Jul 17 at 1:31 PM
    Hi, We received a MET PCN back in April, I responded to it straightaway with the normal template type of letter listing the various non compliance with the BPA code of conduct and asked for a POPLA appeal code. I heard nothing back and assumed they had thrown in the towel but yesterday a Parking Charge Reminder arrived with 7 days to pay £100.
    The last sentence says "Further information including how to pay, the right to appeal (please be advised that the independent appeals service (POPLA) is no longer available) etc. can be found on the reverse of this letter.

I'm not sure what options are open to me now as I was pinning my hopes on POPLA. Does this mean that it's been disbanded and that it's free for all for these cowboys?

(sorry but I have forgotten how to attach files to the post)
Page 2
    • AJ16
    • By AJ16 8th Sep 17, 1:21 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    AJ16
    appeal unsuccessful
    Our appeal was turned down on Wednesday, it's attached below. POPLA invited a response to the MEP Parking Services submission, we sent back a detailed account of why the signage is not good enough and the entrance sign not being anywhere near the entrance so its disappointing. On the same day METPS sent out a letter asking for £100, I really don't want to have to give in to them so wondering about the next step. What I am planning to do is write again to Mc Donald's, I'm not confident that they will intervene though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1jd7t26nk...cison.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjfj6fp1txejgc3/sign.png?dl=0
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    The whole process is covered by the newbies FAQ thread

After rejection by popla you are in the debt collectors stage - you can safely ignore debt collectors

If this progresses to Court action come back for advice on how to deal with this at the time
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 3:02 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,497 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Simple, do what we all did here for years, before POPLA existed! Ignore them and only take seriously a court claim (no updates about debt collector demands, please spare us, and search the forum instead!).

I've ignored debt letters re a fake PCN several times (before POPLA) and nothing happened. MET are not known for small claims, just daft letters.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• AJ16
    • By AJ16 9th Sep 17, 10:03 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    AJ16
    Simple, do what we all did here for years, before POPLA existed! Ignore them and only take seriously a court claim (no updates about debt collector demands, please spare us, and search the forum instead!).

I've ignored debt letters re a fake PCN several times (before POPLA) and nothing happened. MET are not known for small claims, just daft letters.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thanks, I will take your good advice ;-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter