Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • frazza
    • By frazza 15th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    frazza
    Good Credit Rating, Low Debt, High Income, still can't get a good loan
    • 15th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    Good Credit Rating, Low Debt, High Income, still can't get a good loan 15th Jul 17 at 12:41 PM
    Hello,

I have been having some trouble trying to get a loan with a decent apr, I have approx £2000 of credit card debt that is 0% interest currently and that's it. My credit score is excellent and I have an above average income in a professional job, but yet still I can't seem to access the low advertised rates. Is there something I may be missing here?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 15th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    Unfortunately this is a very very common complaint and the gist is that your credit score is highly suspect / inaccurate at best.

It's only the credit agency view - and they are not lending you the money so they don't matter.

Nobody else sees your 'score' and any prospective creditor will always make their own judgement.

Have you tried the MSE eligibility checker?
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 29,949 Posts
    • 18,970 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    Whats exactly on your credit file ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • usefulmale
    • By usefulmale 16th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 2,301 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    usefulmale
    • 16th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 8:53 AM
    I know it's frowned upon these days but if you have above average income, why don't you just save up?
    Originally Posted by MSE Forum Team
    We’ve had to remove your signature because what you wrote was true and sensible and there's no room for that here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,122Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin