Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • praline
    • By praline 15th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    • 111Posts
    • 758Thanks
    praline
    What happens re water/immersion if replacing econ 7?
    • 15th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    What happens re water/immersion if replacing econ 7? 15th Jul 17 at 11:00 AM
    Hi all,

I am thinking of replacing the heating system to electric radiators in my electric only, storage heated economy 7 1 bed flat.

However, what do I do about heating water? At present we have an immersion boiler that heats water during the night with an on peak boost to use if required.

If I switch from econ 7 does that mean my water will constantly heat all day this pushing the bills up?

Many thanks for any responses in advance.
Page 2
    • praline
    • By praline 17th Jul 17, 10:23 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 758 Thanks
    praline
    I appreciate that all input energy will be turned into heat but if an electrical appliance is faulty is there not a possibility that it may pull (and expel) more energy than required?

I.e I turn a thermostat to 20 but the item pulls through (and expels) 30 instead due to the thermostat being faulty. Yes it will have the same energy efficiency however as I never wanted it to be at 30, I would be spending more money in energy costs than desired because it is faulty.

I appreciate that my understanding of ulilities and appliances is poor - I can assure you that I am much more able and qualified in my day job!

Regarding aesthetics, we are now thinking of just getting heater covers
    • praline
    • By praline 17th Jul 17, 10:25 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 758 Thanks
    praline
    Of course we are reasearching covers as I don't want to cover then have to increase output as a result!
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 17th Jul 17, 5:42 PM
    • 6,149 Posts
    • 5,275 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

how ugly are they,

this is ugly,

this is slimmer,

getting better,

plenty more options on google.
    Y'all take care now.
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 17th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 2,132 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Dimplex Duoheat are quite purty

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

516Posts Today

5,097Users online

Martin's Twitter