Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SarahF21
    • By SarahF21 15th Jul 17, 9:03 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    SarahF21
    0 WOW
    EasyBus- dangerous driver and car crash
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:03 AM
    0 WOW
    EasyBus- dangerous driver and car crash 15th Jul 17 at 9:03 AM
    Hello. I've had a terrible experience with Easybus!! Our driver was half asleep when he picked us up, clearly overworked or just been out the night before or even worse drunk. As soon as we got on the motorway towards Manchester Airport he started swerving into different lanes and then looked up and said sorry I'm tired. But then he just carried on swerving into the fast lane too! People were beeping and swearing at him! Was all very scary. But when we came off the motorway he crossed lanes without looking and smashed into the side of another car! They got out and took his insurance details and everything. When we finally arrived at the airport, completely shook up, the driver didn't ask if we were okay or apologise or anything. So I then complained to Easybus they responded immediately saying that they will treat this as a matter of emergency. But nothing was done for a few days so we have sent them numerous emails, and received many rude emails back. We have asked for a contact number, manager number and insurance details but didn't receive anything! Completely disgusted with EasyBus please no one use them!!!!!! They could of killed me and my boyfriend
Page 2
    • SarahF21
    • By SarahF21 15th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    SarahF21
    Thank you everyone for your advice! I only commented on here to get some help on how to deal with the situation and to warn other people about it as I don't want this driver to put anyone else through these situation. I know now that I should go contacted the police straight away and I really regret not doing that, is it too late now to tell them? I'm guessing they would be able to get camera footage of the event.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jul 17, 1:39 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Thank you everyone for your advice! I only commented on here to get some help on how to deal with the situation and to warn other people about it as I don't want this driver to put anyone else through these situation. I know now that I should go contacted the police straight away and I really regret not doing that, is it too late now to tell them? I'm guessing they would be able to get camera footage of the event.
    Originally posted by SarahF21
    Yes you should have contacted the police as soon as he started driving erratically and this way they would have stopped the bus and arrested the driver, this would have then gave him points and a ban and most likely losing his job, so he could not put others at risk.
    a bus company investigation would involve his bosses asking him if he was drunk etc. and driving erratically and if he say no then what other evidence have they got, so he will still be driving.
    You could try them as see what they say as they may be camera footage
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jul 17, 2:05 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Report it to the HSE. They will take it far more seriously than the police and do a rigorous investigation whilst charging the company for the pleasure.
    Originally posted by loskie
    Only if they have evidence. all they will do at first is turn up speak the the company and ask for any reports on the issue and maybe speak to driver if he is available. they wont investigate without any concrete evidence.
    Last edited by angryparcel; 15-07-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    • Walkwiththeelephants
    • By Walkwiththeelephants 15th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Walkwiththeelephants
    Hi SarahF21, can I please ask you what date and time this occurred? This sounds scarily similar to an incident I am trying to resolve unsuccessfully with Easybus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

711Posts Today

6,613Users online

Martin's Twitter