Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SarahF21
    • By SarahF21 15th Jul 17, 9:03 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    SarahF21
    9 WOW
    EasyBus- dangerous driver and car crash
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:03 AM
    9 WOW
    EasyBus- dangerous driver and car crash 15th Jul 17 at 9:03 AM
    Hello. I've had a terrible experience with Easybus!! Our driver was half asleep when he picked us up, clearly overworked or just been out the night before or even worse drunk. As soon as we got on the motorway towards Manchester Airport he started swerving into different lanes and then looked up and said sorry I'm tired. But then he just carried on swerving into the fast lane too! People were beeping and swearing at him! Was all very scary. But when we came off the motorway he crossed lanes without looking and smashed into the side of another car! They got out and took his insurance details and everything. When we finally arrived at the airport, completely shook up, the driver didn't ask if we were okay or apologise or anything. So I then complained to Easybus they responded immediately saying that they will treat this as a matter of emergency. But nothing was done for a few days so we have sent them numerous emails, and received many rude emails back. We have asked for a contact number, manager number and insurance details but didn't receive anything! Completely disgusted with EasyBus please no one use them!!!!!! They could of killed me and my boyfriend
Page 1
    • keithdc
    • By keithdc 15th Jul 17, 9:15 AM
    • 234 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    keithdc
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:15 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:15 AM
    Hello. I've had a terrible experience with Easybus!! Our driver was half asleep when he picked us up, clearly overworked or just been out the night before or even worse drunk. As soon as we got on the motorway towards Manchester Airport he started swerving into different lanes and then looked up and said sorry I'm tired. But then he just carried on swerving into the fast lane too! People were beeping and swearing at him! Was all very scary. But when we came off the motorway he crossed lanes without looking and smashed into the side of another car! They got out and took his insurance details and everything. When we finally arrived at the airport, completely shook up, the driver didn't ask if we were okay or apologise or anything. So I then complained to Easybus they responded immediately saying that they will treat this as a matter of emergency. But nothing was done for a few days so we have sent them numerous emails, and received many rude emails back. We have asked for a contact number, manager number and insurance details but didn't receive anything! Completely disgusted with EasyBus please no one use them!!!!!! They could of killed me and my boyfriend
    Originally posted by SarahF21

They could of killed me and my boyfriend
    But they didn't.

Why do you need insurance details?

If so bad, why didn't everyone ask the driver to stop and then get off the bus?
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 15th Jul 17, 9:19 AM
    • 933 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:19 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:19 AM
    They didn't kill you and your boyfriend, so that's irrelevant. if it was so bad and you believed the driver was drunk why didn't you call the police straightaway?

Any investigation Easybus do will be private, they don't need to tell you the outcome. What more are you looking for?
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 15th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 1,917 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    Hope you reported it to the police
    travelover
    • SarahF21
    • By SarahF21 15th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    SarahF21
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    I know we should of handled the situation differently at the time, but we have never been involved with something like this before and wasn't sure what we should of done. It was only me and my boyfriend on the bus and we both just wanted to get the airport as quickly as possible to get our flight. We want the insurance details to make sure that they are going through the proper procedures. I just don't want them to get away with it! I also want to warn others not to use their services that's why I wrote on this.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 15th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    • 933 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    I know we should of handled the situation differently at the time, but we have never been involved with something like this before and wasn't sure what we should of done. It was only me and my boyfriend on the bus and we both just wanted to get the airport as quickly as possible to get our flight. We want the insurance details to make sure that they are going through the proper procedures. I just don't want them to get away with it! I also want to warn others not to use their services that's why I wrote on this.
    You're not a party to the complaint. The insurer will not (should not) tell you anything.

I'm struggling to believe that you genuinely thought he was drunk - surely you would not stay in a vehicle with a drink driver?
    • tho
    • By tho 15th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    tho
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    I can understand you're annoyed but you should have said something at the time. It's no longer anything to do with you. IF you manage to find out the insurance involved they'll see you as a cash for claim so the most you'll get is medical enquires. Neither insurance or easy bus will give you any details regarding inquiries, investigations or outcomes. You've raised the complaint, which is the right thing to do. I doubt you were the only one if the driving was that bad, plus they're having to deal with a insurance company now that supports what you've said. I'd say it's a pretty high chance the guys going to get sacked. Now relax and remember the positive bits of your holiday.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 15th Jul 17, 9:49 AM
    • 6,591 Posts
    • 8,095 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:49 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:49 AM
    I know we should of handled the situation differently at the time, but we have never been involved with something like this before and wasn't sure what we should of done.
    It's a police matter. Report it.

We want the insurance details to make sure that they are going through the proper procedures.
    I have no idea what you mean. It's a police matter. Report it.

I just don't want them to get away with it!
    It's a police matter. Report it.

I also want to warn others not to use their services that's why I wrote on this.
    Are you implying every Easybus driver is a tired/drunken loon?
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    • 17,090 Posts
    • 43,209 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    In what way were the emails 'rude'?
    Are they simply telling you that their investigation and the end result will be private?
    Are they asking you to give them a chance to finish their investigation?

Bombarding a company with constant emails is counter-productive.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jul 17, 10:10 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    angryparcel
    what you should of done is while on the motorway called the police and they would have took immediate action
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 4,345 Posts
    • 3,246 Thanks
    glentoran99
    what you should of done is while on the motorway called the police and they would have took immediate action
    Originally posted by angryparcel

Probably would have missed her flight then
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jul 17, 10:24 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Probably would have missed her flight then
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    but reporting to police now, what evidence have they got.

what would have happened if he caused an accident on the motorway, she could have lost more than a flight.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 15th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,993 Thanks
    unforeseen
    If another car had swerved into the coach on the motorway and caused an accident it would have been worse

HOWEVER neither 'WHAT IF' scenarios happened so it is pointless pontificating about them
    • richardw
    • By richardw 15th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 17,883 Posts
    • 7,298 Thanks
    richardw
    The MEN love this kind of story.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,345 Posts
    • 3,246 Thanks
    glentoran99
    but reporting to police now, what evidence have they got.

what would have happened if he caused an accident on the motorway, she could have lost more than a flight.
    Originally posted by angryparcel

I think the trauma caused by this horrific near miss has caused a severe case of compensation to set in

As others have said wouldn't remain on a bus if I thought though the driver was drunk
    • WAYT
    • By WAYT 15th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 387 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    WAYT
    I think the trauma caused by this horrific near miss has caused a severe case of compensation to set in

As others have said wouldn't remain on a bus if I thought though the driver was drunk
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    No doubt. Why else are they so insistent on insurance details?

We want the insurance details to make sure that they are going through the proper procedures. I just don't want them to get away with it!
    Dodgy....if you ask me.

Have used EasyBus many a time with no issue. Often the rides are contracted out to the likes of National Express, who again have been exemplary.
    So perhaps the OP should be clear as to what they want out of it.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th Jul 17, 12:27 PM
    • 4,345 Posts
    • 3,246 Thanks
    glentoran99
    No doubt. Why else are they so insistent on insurance details?

Dodgy....if you ask me.

Have used EasyBus many a time with no issue. Often the rides are contracted out to the likes of National Express, who again have been exemplary.
    So perhaps the OP should be clear as to what they want out of it.
    Originally posted by WAYT

I await the "im afraid to get on another bus" post
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Jul 17, 12:28 PM
    • 25,300 Posts
    • 10,046 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Someone with a grudge? OP also posted in an old thread and the grammar and wording is suspiciously very similar.

this one.. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4800036

or did the driver cross their bridge without paying the toll?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jul 17, 12:48 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    angryparcel
    We want the insurance details to make sure that they are going through the proper procedures.
    Getting insurance details is not going through the right procedure as guess what the insurance would ask for. They would ask for police crime number and what would you say, i suspected the driver was drunk but could not be bothered to call the police as i would have missed my flight.

as you have suffered no injury they what do you expect the insurance company to do.

I would of been more concerned about my safety rather than missing a flight as a flight can be re-booked while your life cannot
    Last edited by angryparcel; 15-07-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    • loskie
    • By loskie 15th Jul 17, 1:00 PM
    • 1,049 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    loskie
    Report it to the HSE. They will take it far more seriously than the police and do a rigorous investigation whilst charging the company for the pleasure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,670Posts Today

8,056Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin