Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fedupwith everything
    • By fedupwith everything 15th Jul 17, 12:50 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    fedupwith everything
    My CSP
    • 15th Jul 17, 12:50 AM
    My CSP 15th Jul 17 at 12:50 AM
    I had read several bad stories about Mycsp all of them seemed to be in the past. They administer my deferred civil service pension. This is my experience with them. Now all I wanted was a pensions forecast. Royal Mail, I have a small occupational pension entitlement with them as well manage this every year. When I've contacted Royal Mail they have been polite and dealt with my query quickly. Ok so here we go I left the civil service in 2001 i'm now 56 in the intervening years my life has been up and down I've moved many times and even been homeless. I was contacted a few years ago by the previous administrator but that letter is "filed" somewhere and I can not locate it along with some paperwork. The first letter I possess physically is dated 02/07/15. This is a list of my requests for a forecast from MyCSP initially for a forecast then for advice on my marriage certificate.
    1 An E-mail was sent to them on 03/12/14 requesting a statement.
    2 I received an automated acknowledgment the same day.
    I didn’t get a statement.
    3 On 02/07/15 I received a letter giving me the current value of my annual pension and lump sum but not a forecast of payment at 60.
    4 On 16/11/2016 I sent an E-mail request asking for a statement. Apparently MyCSP do not send out annual statements, unlike Royal Mail.
    5 On 22/11/2016 I received a letter from MyCSP with exactly the same figures as the previous letter
    6 On 23/11/2016 I had an E-mail from MyCSP telling me my query about the current value of my pension had been passed to the pension “experts” who aim to have this issued within 40 working days..
    I had asked for a forecast, but never mind I didn’t get anything anyway.
    7 On 24/11/2016 I asked them what details they would need as I re-married in September
    8 On 28/11 2016 I received a reply a reply saying they needed sight of my marriage certificate
    9 On 20/12/2016 I sent an E-mail with a scan of my marriage certificate.
    10 On 14/05/2017 after no response I E-mailed MyCSP asking them to explain why the figures on the two letters were the same, asking yet again for a forecast and asking if the marriage certificate had been processed.
    11 On the 26/05/2017 I sent a letter asking the same thing yet again.
    12 On 13/06/2017 I sent a recorded delivery letter, which they received on 15/05/2017, complaining that I had not had any reply to any of my communications in 2017.
    This resulted in..Nothing happening
    13 On 23/06/2017 I sent yet another E-mail to the complaints officer telling them if it was not sorted out in a matter of days I would complain to the CEO, the pensions ombudsman and my MP (I believe the Cabinet office still has links with this company.
    14 On 26/062017 I had a reply formally acknowledging my letter, Confirming they had all my requests and that the timescale for a statement was 40 days.
    So it is now 15/07/2017 I still have no apology. I have no confirmation about my marriage certificate and obviously no forecast.
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 15th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 22,388 Posts
    • 12,914 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 15th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    What does your MP have to say?
    • fedupwith everything
    • By fedupwith everything 15th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fedupwith everything
    • 15th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    I haven't contacted him yet. I gave them enough time to reply my query about my marriage certificate. If I don't have a reply by Monday I will E-mail him, as he is new from the last election it will be interesting to see how he compares to my old MP. I assume the reply I had from the complaints officer implies receiving a reply to the forecast within 40 working days (18/08/2017) despite my various requests. The main issue seems to be they just ignore me. On that basis I will also e-mail their CEO & phone the pension ombudsman on Monday to see if it is an issue they will deal with. What makes it more frustrating is that I worked as a postman for a few years considerably less than in the civil service but every year as regular as clockwork I get a forecast from Royal Mail pensions forecasting their pension at age 60. Also when I contacted them about my marriage they advised me to send the certificate to me which was returned a few days later with confirmation it had been processed. I request a (state) pensions forecast every year and the Pensions department manage to send out the BR19 after a few days, But however it seems to be beyond Mycsp
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 15th Jul 17, 1:37 PM
    • 22,388 Posts
    • 12,914 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:37 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 1:37 PM
    http://www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/employers/employer-pension-notices/epn490-scheme-events-2017-annual-benefit-statements-and-pension-saving-statements/
    • fedupwith everything
    • By fedupwith everything 15th Jul 17, 2:30 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fedupwith everything
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:30 PM
    link
    • 15th Jul 17, 2:30 PM
    "PCSPS by end of April 2017. This will mean that all queries from members and employers to be resolved prior to the start of this year’s ABS exercise in June 2017". (Principle civil service pension scheme)
    It's now July and I have never received a statement as they show elsewhere on their site, (I can't post links) ever. I did read somewhere on their site they do not issue statements every year on deferred pensions. That's why I repeatedly asked and have been repeatedly ignored as you see in the timeline I first asked in 2014!
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 15th Jul 17, 3:50 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,419 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:50 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:50 PM
    You may be better posting this on the Pensions board than the Benefits board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,795Users online

Martin's Twitter