Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 14th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    • 6,636Posts
    • 15,684Thanks
    barmonkey
    End of an era, good bye tinks
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    End of an era, good bye tinks 14th Jul 17 at 9:40 PM
    Rhonda Stewart RIP
    16/6/81 - 10/7/17

Rhonda passed away in the early hours of monday 10th July at RVI Newcastle. cause of death Acute Pulmonary Embolism.

Im guessing a few on here will remember her.
    Last edited by barmonkey; 15-07-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
Page 4
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 16th Jul 17, 12:40 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 14,706 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Oh my word, for some reason she crossed my mind recently, probably something hamster related.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • jansus
    • By jansus 16th Jul 17, 11:36 PM
    • 12,180 Posts
    • 48,273 Thanks
    jansus
    Really sad to hear of her passing she was far too young.
    I spent many an evening back in the day reading the various threads she posted and the ensuing disagreements. She gave me hours of entertainment.
    There was never a dull moment when a Tinks thread appeared.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 17th Jul 17, 7:45 AM
    • 7,069 Posts
    • 15,595 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I'm ashamed of one post I wrote about her. She made me angry when she copied word for word a post I'd made about my health problems as her own. If she'd quoted and said 'me too' then fine, but that's not what she did. I shouldn't have let that get to me as much as I did and shouldn't have reacted so badly. She was a deeply troubled person and I should have had more empathy.

I'm sorry she's died, and so young.
    Originally posted by Ames
    It was wrong of her to quote your post like that, but she wasn't a 'deeply troubled person'. She had some issues (don't we all?)and a hotchpotch of fairly vague symptoms (been there!) but on the whole - she posted on here because she loved the attention. She enjoyed the pages worth of Tink-centric postings!! Isn't there a current user who does the same - you wouldn't describe that person as deeply disturbed.

For the most part, all the time she was undx'd, posters on here tried to offer helpful suggestions about her health and self-medication. If she hadn't liked the attention she wouldn't have kept on posting.

Don't beat yourself up - I kept in touch with Tinks for a few years after she stopped posting in DT and she held no grudges. She just moved on, grew up and found other interests.
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • squiggles
    • By squiggles 17th Jul 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 2,259 Thanks
    squiggles
    RIP Tinks.
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 17th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    • 7,675 Posts
    • 30,983 Thanks
    Flick216
    Goodness! I remember Tinks from when I first joined...endlessly entertaining...hamsters....diets...I remember the food diaries she used to post.

How unbelievably sad I hope you are in your own little heaven surrounded by friendly, talking hamsters and all the food you love - which of course is totally non-fattening.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • cherub1965
    • By cherub1965 17th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 8,124 Posts
    • 28,789 Thanks
    cherub1965
    RIP Tinkerbell....I hope you are at peace and free from pain. Have a safe journey.

Haven't been here in years, just popped back to pay my respects,
    Shine on you crazy diamond..............
    • Quasar
    • By Quasar 17th Jul 17, 12:58 PM
    • 113,486 Posts
    • 231,223 Thanks
    Quasar
    Just seen this thread as I was on hols when it happened.

Tinktinktinkerbell... I find it hard to believe that she is no more.

Bye tinks, you were funny yet annoying at times, but always entertaining to read. I hope there are lots of hamsters for you on those clouds.
    Your password must contain an upper case letter, a number, a haiku, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin - this was a tweet
    =^..^=
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 17th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    • 22,337 Posts
    • 57,305 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Wow! What a shock!

I've missed her daft threads and daft justifications for body building, yet claiming sickness benefits. It's very true that she'd have been PPR'd now.

We were both big fans of Scrubs. I imagine her with hamsters on her lap, watching a box set! RIP, Tinks.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 17th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 4,718 Posts
    • 5,994 Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    I liked Tink, Tink, Tink, Tink, Tinkerrrrrrbeeeelllllllllll!

So sad
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 17th Jul 17, 10:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    Tinktinktinkerbell
    Tinktinktinkerbell RIP
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    • 23,217 Posts
    • 48,524 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    No way! What happened? I hope this is a virtual not RL reference.

I thought she'd been re-incarnated several times and was sensible enough to avoid DT in latter years.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 17th Jul 17, 11:05 PM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 8,701 Thanks
    minimad1970
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5679668

Yes in real life.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th Jul 17, 11:46 PM
    • 23,217 Posts
    • 48,524 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Acute PE? How random, it's very sad. RIP Tinks.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 18th Jul 17, 2:57 AM
    • 29,367 Posts
    • 54,828 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    What a shame, far too young. RIP x
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it': C.S. Lewis
    St. Augustine — 'In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.'
    • Li0nhead
    • By Li0nhead 18th Jul 17, 6:17 AM
    • 14,299 Posts
    • 30,920 Thanks
    Li0nhead
    Yes she was a strange one but still was taken way too soon.

RIP Tinks.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
    • aaroncaz
    • By aaroncaz 18th Jul 17, 6:25 AM
    • 4,736 Posts
    • 8,268 Thanks
    aaroncaz
    How sad, I remember Tinks, didn't always agree with her but what a shame.
    • Marisco
    • By Marisco 18th Jul 17, 9:10 AM
    • 29,455 Posts
    • 82,416 Thanks
    Marisco
    Wow this is a shock! Just seen this thread now, she was certainly a one off, and very entertaining. RIP Tinks
    • Miró
    • By Miró 18th Jul 17, 10:19 AM
    • 5,452 Posts
    • 22,705 Thanks
    Miró
    I feel shocked at this news too. Especially as I have suffered, but survived, a pulmonary embolism myself. Brings home to me how fortunate I have been.

Tinks was a memorable poster for many reasons....I often did not agree with her point of view but she did make me laugh. She reminded me, in some ways, of 'studenphil'....a one-off!

R.I.P. Tinks
    Earth cannot be flat...if it was cats would have knocked everything off by now
    • BarryBlue
    • By BarryBlue 18th Jul 17, 10:59 AM
    • 3,075 Posts
    • 9,952 Thanks
    BarryBlue
    Wow! What a shock!

I've missed her daft threads and daft justifications for body building, yet claiming sickness benefits. It's very true that she'd have been PPR'd now.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    She was PPRd back then, after nearly 40000 posts. Her 'comebacks' always ended the same way. She was also banned from several other forums, including Digital Spy and Student Room.

She was always unwilling to take advice on her problems and seemed to be taking huge quantities of medication for pain rather than follow medical advice. It did seem to be a rather sad, tragic and, ultimately, short existence which is a shame for anyone.

Having said that, Tink was undoubtedly an MSE legend, along with Studentphil, Toddy, Fifer and a few others. The thread of hers that I always remember is the one about her £70 hairdo which ran to 2500 posts of pure comedy gold.
    We're gonna be alright, dancin' on a Saturday night
    • Angry Bear
    • By Angry Bear 18th Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 1,908 Posts
    • 4,665 Thanks
    Angry Bear
    I remember her threads with some amusement .

She's only a few months younger than me and last month I also had a pulmonary embolism. My doctor keeps telling me I was lucky to get to the hospital in time, I really appreciate that seeing this sad news!

RIP Tinks.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

3,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin