Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 14th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    • 4,015Posts
    • 1,777Thanks
    aardvaak
    Mozilla Firefox
    • 14th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    Mozilla Firefox 14th Jul 17 at 6:46 PM
    Why is Firefox so useless?

It is nowadays constantly displaying "firefox not responding"

What better progarm are there?
Page 2
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 15th Jul 17, 4:22 PM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    DavidP24
    you are way behind the times, if a server uses cPanel all sites on the server now get a free SSL installed automatically though autoSSL.
    SSL is not a scam it is a service provided by webhosts, just like domains, SSL certs encrypt personal details and payment details, without an SSL your details would be seen by anyone with access to webservers and payment processors.
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    I do no think I am behind the times, it is the ISP's that do not give them free that are.

SSL is a scam, on dark web they say it has virtually been hacked anyway from what I have read, but would require state sponsored computing.

It is not the be all and end all anyway.

https://perezbox.com/2015/07/https-does-not-secure-your-website/
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 15th Jul 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 2,333 Thanks
    Robisere
    We have Firefox on: my desktop, wife's laptop, both phones and my tablet. Phones are both Wileyfox, but the other devices are different manufaturers. On all 5 devices, Firefox works perfectly. Desktop is Firefox - synced to my phone and tablet. Wife's laptop is synced to her phone. I have used Firefox for many years.
    Last edited by Robisere; 15-07-2017 at 5:55 PM.
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

• brianposter
    • By brianposter 16th Jul 17, 7:15 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    brianposter
    Why is Firefox so useless?

It is nowadays constantly displaying "firefox not responding"

What better progarm are there?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    Are you really expecting Windows to say "I"ve cocked things up".

I recently removed Firefox because it seemed to be hanging up repeatedly, but using IE instead did not remove the problem. It has become pretty clear that my problem is Windows 7.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin